This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Starting Quality Assessment and Optimization for Automated Manual Transmission
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 16, 2012 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A good starting quality for AMT (Automated Manual Transmission) vehicles means that the vehicle is started quickly and smoothly on the premise of protecting powertrain system. The starting quality is closely related to the vehicle ride comfort and the service life of powertrain system. In order to improve the starting quality, a good idea is evaluating the starting process firstly and then optimizing the control strategy. However this method has two problems to be solved. The first one is how to define a series of objective criterions to judge the starting quality, and the other is how to select a suitable algorithm to optimize the starting control.
This paper focuses on the starting quality assessment and optimization of AMT vehicles. First, the assessment criterions for starting quality are defined in detail from the control point of view and a corresponding assessment system is created. The AHP (Analytic Hierarchy Process) methodology is used to determine the weights of assessment criterion. An AMT vehicle simulation model developed in MATLAB/Simulink environment is built for assessment system testing and starting control optimization. Through the co-simulation and calculation of AMT vehicle model and assessment system, the starting control targets, i.e. the expected control ranges of assessment criterions, are obtained. These targets can provide references and guidance for the next step optimization work. Secondly, a fuzzy logic based on starting control strategy is optimized using multi-objective genetic algorithm by selecting the highest level starting quality as the optimization target. The control of both clutch engagement rate and engine throttle opening is optimized and the optimal solution set for fuzzy control rules is obtained. Finally, the simulation results show that the starting quality of AMT vehicle is effectively improved after optimization.
|Technical Paper||Computer Simulation of the Hybrid Vehicle Sipre 3|
|Journal Article||Model-Based Optimization for an AMT Clutch Control during the Vehicle Starting|
|Technical Paper||Optimal Control for Maximum Mileage of a Flywheel Energy-Storage Vehicle|
CitationLei, Y., Liu, H., Qiu, J., Zhang, J. et al., "Starting Quality Assessment and Optimization for Automated Manual Transmission," SAE Technical Paper 2012-01-0059, 2012, https://doi.org/10.4271/2012-01-0059.
- Subjective Rating Scale For Vehicle Handling SAE J1441
- HeiBing, Bernd Brandl, Hans Jürgen Subjektive Beurteilung des Fahrverhaltens Vogel 2002
- Dorey, R. E. Martin, E. J. Vehicle driveability, the development of an objective methodology SAE paper 2000-01-1326
- Schoeggl, Peter Ramschak, Erich Vehicle Driveability Assessment using Neural Networks for Development, Calibration and Quality Tests SAE Paper 2000-01-0702
- Schnetzler, Steff Pettersson, Joakim Murtonen, Paavo Quality Assurance of Driver Comfort for Automatic Transmissions SAE Paper 2000-01-0175
- DIAS, A H F DE VASCONCELOS, J A. Multiobjective genetic algorithms applied to solve optimization problems IEEE Transactions on Magnetics 2002 38 1133 1136
- MORTEZA, M G AMIR, P. Application of genetic algorithm for optimization of control strategy in parallel hybrid electric vehicles Journal of the Franklin Institute 2006 420 435
- Abel, Andreas Schreiber, Uwe Schindler, Jens Engine and Gearbox Modeling and Simulation for Improving the Shifting Behavior of Powertrains with Manual or Automated Transmission SAE Paper 2006-01-1641
- Szadkowski, A. Morford, R. B. Clutch engagement simulation: Engagement without throttle SAE Tech. Paper Series, no. 920766 1992
- Lucente, Gianluca Montanari, Marcello Rossi, Carlo Modelling of an automated manual transmission system Mechatronics 17 March April 2007 73 91
- Schoeggl, Peter Ramschak, Erich Vehicle Drivability Assessment using Neural Networks for Development, Calibration and Quality Tests SAE Paper 2000-01-0702
- Rufei, Xing Xin, Guan Chengwei, Tian et al. Weight of subjective evaluation indexes for car handling and stability Journal of Jilin University (Engineering and Technology Edition) 2009 3 39 33 38
- Xudong, Wang Xianping, Xie Xiaogang, Wu et al Fuzzy control of automatic clutch during starting process Transactions of the Chinese Society for Agricultural Machinery 39 December 2008 18 22