This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Regenerative Brake and Slip Angle Control of Electric Vehicle with In-wheel Motor and Active Front Steering
Published May 17, 2011 by Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan in Japan
Annotation ability available
Electric vehicles (EVs) have attractive potential not only for energy and environmental performance but also for vehicle motion control because electric motors have quick and measurable torque response. Recently, the authors' laboratory has developed a completely original EV which has active front and rear steering systems and high-torque direct- drive in-wheel motors in the all wheels. In this paper, the main features of this vehicle are briefly introduced and our recent studies on pitching control, slip-ratio control, and yaw-rate and slip-angle control with lateral force sensors are explained with experimental results.
CitationFujimoto, H., "Regenerative Brake and Slip Angle Control of Electric Vehicle with In-wheel Motor and Active Front Steering," SAE Technical Paper 2011-39-7205, 2011.
- Hori, Y. “Future Vehicle Driven by Electricity and Control- Research on Four-Wheel-Motored: UOT Electric March II” IEEE Trans. IE 51 5 2004
- Kamachi, M. Walters, K. “A Research of Direct Yaw-Moment Control on Skippery Road for In-Wheel Motor Vehicle” EVS-22 Yokohama, JAPAN Oct. 23 28 2122 2133 2006
- Sugai, H. Murata, S. “Influence of In-wheel-motor to vehicle structure and suspension” JSAE Annual Congress, No. 0105173 2010
- Fujimoto, H. Fujii, K. Takahashi, N. “Road Condition Estimation and Motion Control of Electric Vehicle with In-wheel Motors” JSAE Annual Congress 25 28 2006
- Fujimoto, H. Sato, S. “Pitching Control Method Based on Quick Torque Response for Electric Vehicle” Proc. International Power Electronics Conference -ECCE ASIA- 801 806 2010
- Suzuki, T. Fujimoto, H. “Slip Ratio Estimation and Regenerative Brake Control without Detection of Vehicle Velocity and Acceleration for Electric Vehicle at Urgent Brake- turning” Proc. The 11th IEEE International Workshop on Advanced Motion Control Proceedings Niigata 273 278 2010
- Fujimoto, H. Yamauchi, Y. “Advanced Motion Control of Electric Vehicle Based on Lateral Force Observer with Active Steering” Proc. IEEE International Symposium on Industrial Electronics 2010 Proceedings Bari, Italy 3627 3632 2010
- Rajamani, R. “Vehicle Dynamics and Control” Springer Science & Business Media, Inc. 2006
- Fujii, K. Fujimoto, H. “Traction Control based on slip ratio estimation for Electric Vehicle” Proc. The Fourth Power Conversion Conference Nagoya 688 693 2007
- Suzuki, T. Fujimoto, H. “Proposal of Slip Ratio Estimation Method without Detection of Vehicle Speed for Electric Vehicle on Deceleration” IEE of Japan Technical Meeting Record, VT-07-24 77 82 2007
- Fujimoto, H. Saito, T. Noguchi, T. “Motion Stabilization Control of Electric Vehicle under Snowy Conditions Based on Yaw-Moment Observer” Proc. 8th IEEE International Workshop on Advanced Motion Control (AMC'04) Kawasaki 35 40 2004