This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Simulation of Dynamic Pinion Course using Runge-Kutta's Method and Impact Modeling
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 04, 2011 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Once defined the relationship between the Starter Motor components and their functions, it is possible to develop a mathematical model capable to predict the Starter behavior during operation. One important aspect is the engagement system behavior. The development of a mathematical tool capable of predicting it is a valuable step in order to reduce the design time, cost and engineering efforts. A mathematical model, represented by differential equations, can be developed using physics laws, evaluating force balance and energy flow through the systems degrees of freedom. Another important physical aspect to be considered in this modeling is the impact conditions (particularly on the pinion and ring-gear contact).
This work is a report of those equations application on available mathematical software and the resolution of those equations by Runge-Kutta's numerical integration method, in order to build an accessible engineering tool.
|Technical Paper||A Close-Range Photogrammetric Solution Working with Zoomed Images from Digital Cameras|
|Technical Paper||Model-Driven Code Generation and Analysis|
|Technical Paper||Optimizing Thermal Management of Vehicles Using Advanced Simulation Tools|
CitationRaizer, B., del Corsso Jr., O., Corvini, A., Galhardo, A. et al., "Simulation of Dynamic Pinion Course using Runge-Kutta's Method and Impact Modeling," SAE Technical Paper 2011-36-0177, 2011, https://doi.org/10.4271/2011-36-0177.
- Arnold, V.I. 1989 “ Mathematical Methods of Classical Mechanics ” 2nd Springer 1989 New York City, United States of America
- Bartilotti, Ricardo R. Raizer, Breno Pasquini, Jair Catini, Alfredo D. del Corsso, Omar Jr. Dedini, Franco Giuseppe 2008 “ Functional modeling of a starter motor ” SAE Technical Papers, 2008-36-0312
- BOSCH 1996 “ Bosch Automotive handbook ” 4 th Robert Bosch GmbH
- BOSCH 2003 “ Alternators and Starter Motors ” The Bosch Yellow Jackets 2003
- Karnopp, D.C. Margolis, D.L. Engineering Applications of Dynamics John Wiley & Sons 2008 Hoboken, United States of America
- Kreyszig, Erwin 1999 “ Advanced Engineering Mathematics ” John Wiley & Sons, Inc. 8th 0-471-15496-2
- Norton, Robert L. 1997 “ Projeto de Máquinas - Uma Abordagem Integrada ” Porto Alegre, RS Bookman 1997 2nd 931 0-13-897802-6