This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
An Innovative Lightweight Differential for Small and Midsize Cars
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 04, 2011 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In light of the global trend to reduce CO₂ emissions, the pressure on the automotive industry to further reduce vehicle weights is increasing. Moreover, there is also a need to make more efficient use of the space available, in order to take account of new requirements relating to crash safety and increasing function integration (including dual-clutch transmissions and hybrid applications). When it comes to gears, the differential still offers great potential as regards the reduction of weight and size. This paper will present a new, housing- or cage-less differential that achieves the above-mentioned development goals while keeping to the familiar and tested design principle of the bevel gear set. Simultaneous product and process development and the use of high-precision forging technologies facilitate cost-effective production of this new differential.
|Technical Paper||Duty Cycle Fatigue Simulation for Differential Casing|
|Technical Paper||Evaluation of Stress Cycles of Differential Bevel Pinion|
|Technical Paper||Lightweight Differential|
CitationDerse, M. and de Souza, M., "An Innovative Lightweight Differential for Small and Midsize Cars," SAE Technical Paper 2011-36-0078, 2011, https://doi.org/10.4271/2011-36-0078.
- Imam, O. Naughton, P. Toccalino, E. Biggelaar, M. Polymere Werkstoffe für den Leichtbau von Automobilkarosserie und -interieur ATZ 04 2009
- http://www.mma.gov.br 2011
- Naunheimer, H. Bertsche, B. Lechner, G. Fahrzeuggetriebe Berlin / Heidelberg 2007
- Griguscheit, M. Berechnung von geschmiedeten Ausgleichskegel rädern. Kurzbericht für Fa Neumayer-Tekfor Stuttgart 2002
- Auffahrt, K. Petery, G. v. Winkler, M. Tandemschrägkugellager als Innovation für Achsgetriebe ATZ April 2009
- Neumayer Tekfor - NT® LightDiff internal Report