This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Comparison of Developed In-house Engine Test for Motorcycles to Field Trial: Applicable to Distinguish in Each Engine Oil Performance Level
Published November 08, 2011 by Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan in Japan
Annotation ability available
This study describes the development of engine test applicable to motorcycles. Due to the dramatically stringent of emission regulation, the aim of this development is to develop the engine test specifically for motorcycles based on the unconventional fuel, of which test results is comparable to field trial test results. Furthermore, this developed engine test is able to distinguish the engine oil in each performance level. Resulting in this comparison the newly development of engine test is comparable to field trial in aspects of detergency, anti-wear performance, and oil consumption.
- Sunthorn Predapitakkun - PTT Public Company Limited
- Somnuek Jaroonjitsathian - PTT Public Company Limited
- Chetwana Rungwanitcha - PTT Public Company Limited
- Amporn Sudsanguan - PTT Public Company Limited
- Somchai Siangsanorh - PTT Public Company Limited
- Ratanavalee In-ochanon - PTT Public Company Limited
- Nirod Akarapanjavit - PTT Public Company Limited
CitationPredapitakkun, S., Jaroonjitsathian, S., Rungwanitcha, C., Sudsanguan, A. et al., "Comparison of Developed In-house Engine Test for Motorcycles to Field Trial: Applicable to Distinguish in Each Engine Oil Performance Level," SAE Technical Paper 2011-32-0553, 2011, https://doi.org/10.4271/2011-32-0553.
- Wilkes, M.F. Briton, N.J. Travis, C. Chadwick, R.C. “Four-Stroke Motorcycle Lubricant Performance: An Application-Specific Engine Test Development” SAE 2007-32-0077
- Komuro, K. Yagisawa, K. Akamatsu, S. Hayashi, A. Ueda, M. “Fuel Injection System of Air-cooled Engines for Small Displacement Motorcycles” SAE 2005-32-0035
- The emission regulation in Thailand Pollution Control Department, Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment Thailand
- Kasai, M. Nakajima, K. “Fuel Saving Four-Stroke EngineOil for Motorcycles” SAE 2006-32-0014
- Jaroonjitsathian, S. Siangsanorh, S. Akarapanjavit, N. “Effect of Ethanol Blended Gasoline on Performance and Emission of Current Motorcycle in Thailand” The 14 th International Symposium on Alcohol Fuels Nov. 2002
- Jaroonjitsathian, S. Akarapanjavit, N. Siangsanorh, S. Chanchaona, S. “Investigation of 2-wheeler Performance, Driveability and Durability: Effect of Ethanol Blended Gasoline” SAE 2007-01-2034