This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Progress and Challenges in Toyota's Fuel Cell Vehicle Development
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 06, 2011 by The Automotive Research Association of India in India
Annotation ability available
This paper describes an outline of the Toyota FCHV-adv, a fuel cell vehicle with a practical cruising range of more than 500 km. The cold startability of the FCHV-adv was improved by modifying the FC stack and control system. As a result, the FCHV-adv is capable of starting at a temperature of -30°C. In the future, Toyota intends to improve durability and reduce costs and is continuing to cooperate with governments and energy businesses to establish infrastructure and make the necessary modifications to laws and regulations.
|Technical Paper||Effect of Traffic, Road and Weather Information on PHEV Energy Management|
|Technical Paper||Engine Application of a Battery Voltage-Driven DI Fuel Injection System|
|Technical Paper||Optimization of IDRApegasus: Fuel Cell Hydrogen Vehicle|
CitationSekine, S. and Kojima, K., "Progress and Challenges in Toyota's Fuel Cell Vehicle Development," SAE Technical Paper 2011-28-0061, 2011, https://doi.org/10.4271/2011-28-0061.
- Kizaki, M., Nonobe, Y., Mizuno, H., Takahashi, T., Yamashita, A., Development of New TOYOTA FCHV-adv, EVS24 (2009)
- Ishikawa, Y., Morita, T., Nakata, K., Yoshida, K., Shiozawa, M., Behavior of water below the freezing point in PEFCs, Journal of Power Sources (2006)
- Ishikawa, Y., Shiozawa, M., Hamada, H., Uehara, M., Cross-sectional Imaging of PEFC Super-cooled Water Behavior Below Freezing Point, 212th ECS meeting (2007)
- Kitamura, N., Manabe, K., Nonobe, Y., Kizaki, M., Development of Water Content Control System for Fuel Cell, SAE International, 2010-01-1088 (2010)
- United States Patent Application 20090148735
- United States Patent US 6,329,089 Ballard Power Systems Inc.
- Manabe, K., Naganuma, Y., Nonobe, Y., Kizaki, M., Ogawa, T., Development of Fuel Cell Hybrid Vehicle Rapid Start-up from Sub-freezing Temperatures, SAE International, 2010-01-1092 (2010)
- Nakanishi, K. Manabe, Nonobe, Y., SAE International (2011)
- Takeuchi, N., Fuller, T. F., Modeling and Investigation of Carbon Loss on the Cathode Electrode during PEMFC Operation, Journal of Electrochemical Society 157 B135 (2010)
- Takeuchi, N., Fuller, T. F., Modeling and Investigation of Design Factors and Their Impact on Carbon Corrosion of PEMFC Electrodes, Journal of Electrochemical Society 155 B770 (2008)
- Famsworth, J., Bono, T., Mizuno, H., Tano, Y., Toida, M., Development of a Vehicle Model for FCHV Control and Functional Specification Development within a Software-in-the-Loop Simulation Environment, SAE International, 2010-AE-0173 (2010)
- Sasaki, K. et al. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 49 (46) (2010)8602-8607
- Fuel Cell Commercialization Conference of Japan (FCCJ). http://fccj.jp/index0.html
- Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI), Japan. http://www.meti.go.jp/English/press/2011/0113_01.html
- The Japan Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Demonstration Project (JHFC). http://www.jhfc.jp/index.html
- Press Release. Fuel Cell and Hydrogen Group, New Energy Technology Department, New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization. https://app3.infoc.nedo.go.jp/informations/koubo/other/FF/nedoothemewsplace.2009-02-09.3960481985/nedoothemews.2010-07-14.2342472174/