This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Biodiesel Fuel Effects on Injection System and Establishment of the Evaluation Method
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 6, 2011 by The Automotive Research Association of India in India
Annotation ability available
As exhaust emissions regulations are becoming increasingly stringent year by year, common rail system, which is capable of injecting high-pressure fuel, is already becoming mainstream in the field of diesel injection equipment. On the other hand, market fuels tend to diversify. From the viewpoint of global warming prevention in particular, biodiesel fuels are attracting attention as renewable fuel. Fatty Acid Methyl Ester (FAME) contained in biodiesel fuel is liable to aging and tends to generate deposits, thus, there is a concern about not only deposit adhesion to diesel injection equipment but also corrosion occurrence due to free water presence.
This paper reports that an accelerated re-production test method which simulates real-world market environment successfully clarified the effects of DLC coating on control of deposit adhesion to diesel injection equipment as well as its mechanism and the corrosion mechanism was understood.
CitationOmori, T., Tanaka, A., Yamada, K., and Bunne, S., "Biodiesel Fuel Effects on Injection System and Establishment of the Evaluation Method," SAE Technical Paper 2011-28-0057, 2011, https://doi.org/10.4271/2011-28-0057.
- Miyata, Itsuki, Takei, Yasunori, Tsurutani, Kazushi and Okada, Masanori, “Effects of Bio-Fuels on Vehicle Performance: Degradation Mechanism Analysis of Bio-Fuels”, SAE Technical Paper 2004-01-3031
- Fang, Howard L., McCormick, Robert L., “Spectroscopic Study of Biodiesel Degradation Pathways”, SAE 2006-01-3300.
- Shiotani, Hitoshi and Goto, Shinichi, “Studies of Fuel Properties and Oxidation Stability of Biodiesel Fuel”, SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-0073
- Ogawa, T., Kajiya, S., Kosaka, S., Tajima, I. et al., “Analysis of Oxidative Deterioration of Biodiesel Fuel,” SAE Int. J. Fuels Lubr. 1(1):1571-1583, 2009, doi:10.4271/2008-01-2502.
- Xin, Jiayu, Saka, Shiro, “Test methods for the determination of biodiesel” http://www.science-star.cn/upload/42010914125940105.pdf
- Karavalakis, G., Karonis, D., and Stournas, S., “Evaluation of the Oxidation Stability of Diesel/Biodiesel Blends using the Modified Rancimat Method,” SAE Int. J. Fuels Lubr. 2(1):839-849, 2009, doi:10.4271/2009-01-1828.
- Announcement of the Clean Diesel Promotion Policy (Detailed Clean Diesel Promotion Strategy) http://www.meti.qo.ip/english/press/data/nBackissue2008073102.html#top http://www.meti.go.jp/press/20080731004/20080731004.html (in Japanese)
- Dorr, N., Karner, D., Liztow, U., “Effect of wear in diesel fuel on corrosion of 100Cr6”, 7th International Colloquium January 14-15, 2009