This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Improvement of Fuel Economy and CO2 Reduction of Commercial Vehicles by the Promotion of Eco-Driving Management System (EMS)
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 06, 2011 by The Automotive Research Association of India in India
Annotation ability available
Eco-Driving which is environmentally friendly driving manner is greatly effective way to prevent global warming and to improve air pollution caused by exhaust emissions from vehicles.
LEVO has been conducting the EMS promotion program for freight companies etc. since 2005. This program aims at implementing Eco-Driving continuously and well-systematically for drivers. More than 96,000 trucks and buses in 5,140 companies have been joined the program and implementing environmentally friendly driving manner by using Eco-Driving support devices.
In this paper, the outcome of Eco-Driving promotion conducted by LEVO is described and the effects on fuel saving and the effect of CO2 reduction attributed to the Eco-Driving management activities are shown.
CitationUeki, S. and Takada, Y., "Improvement of Fuel Economy and CO2 Reduction of Commercial Vehicles by the Promotion of Eco-Driving Management System (EMS)," SAE Technical Paper 2011-28-0048, 2011, https://doi.org/10.4271/2011-28-0048.
- MLIT : White Paper on land, infrastructure, transport and tourism in Japan 2010 p186 (2010)
- Takada, Y., et al.: “Improvement of fuel economy by Eco-driving with devices for freight vehicles in real traffic conditions”, SAE Technical Paper, 2007-01-1323 (2007)
- Ueki, S., et al. : “Analysis of the Improvement Effect of On-road Fuel Economy of Freight Trucks with Eco Driving Support Devices”, Proceedings for 2007 JSAE Annual Congress, 20075774 (2007)
- Ueki, S., et al.: “Analysis of fuel economy improvement of commercial vehicles equipped with eco-drive support devices”, Proceedings for 2008 JSAE Annual Congress, 20085754 (2008)
- Ueki, S., et al.: “CO2 reduction and cost effect of commercial vehicles equipped with eco driving support devices. Proceedings for 2009 JSAE Annual Congress, 20095585 (2009)
- Ueki, S., et al.: “Regional and seasonal effect on fuel economy of commercial vehicles equipped with eco-drive support devices”, Proceedings for 2010 JSAE Annual Congress, 20105627 (2010)
- Nagatomi, Y. et al.: “Effective Application Technique on Eco-driving Support Device for Truck Fleet Operators”, Proceedings for 2007 JSAE Annual Congress, 20075776 (2007)