This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Integrated Sensor System Framework for Enhanced Vehicle Safety
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 06, 2011 by The Automotive Research Association of India in India
Annotation ability available
With improvements in electronics and integrated safety systems, modern day cars are much safer than their predecessors. Unfortunately, cost is a very strong driving factor, when it comes to installation of a multitude of these safety systems on mid and low-segment cars. In this paper, we propose a novel integrated system of sensors that are strategically arranged around a car in order to provide safety at a reasonable cost. This generic framework of sensors would assist the driver under various driving scenarios like collision warning (forward and rear), overtake assist, parallel parking assist and adaptive cruise control. An invention disclosure has been filed with the Patent Cooperation Treaty for this work .
CitationKutty, K., Vaidya, V., Soni, V., and Joshi, A., "Integrated Sensor System Framework for Enhanced Vehicle Safety," SAE Technical Paper 2011-28-0037, 2011, https://doi.org/10.4271/2011-28-0037.
- Zador, P.L. Krawchuk, S.A. Vocas, R.B. “Final Report-Automotive Collision Avoidance (ACAS) Program,” Tech. Rep. DOT HS 809 080 NHTSA, U.S. DOT August 2000
- VORAD, EATON “The Benefit of Collision Warning Systems for Commercial Vehicles,” ITS America 2001 Annual Meeting June 2001
- Towards Sustainable Town development: A Research on Deployment of Urban Sustainable Transport Systems (STARDUST). Critical analysis of ADAS/AVG options to 2020, selection of options to be investigated TRG-University of Southampton (UK), INRIA (Fr), PATH (USA) Brussels 2003
- Houtenbos1, Maura Hegeman, Geertje van Driel, Cornelie “Determining opportunities for overtaking assistance; Combined efforts of a user needs survey and an interaction model,” 12th World Congress on ITS 1 12 San Francisco 6 10 November 2005
- Molin, E.J.E. Marchau, V.A.W.J. “User Perceptions and Preferences of Advanced Driver Assistance Systems.” Transportation Research, Record 1886 119 125 2004
- Lee, S. E. Olsen, E. C. B. Wierwille, W. W “A Comprehensive Examination of Naturalistic Lane-Changes, National Highway Transportation Safety Administration Report,” Washington DC DOT HS 809 702 2004
- Soni, Vijay Kutty, Krishnan K “A comprehensive sensor system framework for vehicle safety” 2009 IEEE International Conference on Vehicular Electronics and Safety 74 79 978-1-4244-5442-6 11 12 Nov. 2009
- Kutty, Krishnan K. Soni, Vijay Vaidya, Vinay G. “Sensor system for vehicle safety” PCT application number: PCT/IB2008/052646 01 July 2008