This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
An Experimental Study Combustion and Emission Characteristics of HCNG with Dual Spark plug in a Constant Volume Chamber
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 06, 2011 by The Automotive Research Association of India in India
Annotation ability available
Finding an alternative fuel and solving the environmental pollution are the main targets for the future internal combustion engines. CNG(Compressed Natural Gas) bus is used for a public transportation in Korea because it has low carbon/hydrogen ratio and discharges low pollutant emissions. But CNG fuel has low burning rate. Therefore, in this study, hydrogen is added and DSP(Dual Spark Plugs) are used for making up for the demerits in CNG.
HCNG(Hydrogen-CNG) as a fuel is now considered as one of the alternative fuels due to its low pollutant emissions and high burning rate. An experimental study was carried out to obtain the fundamental data about the combustion and emission characteristics of premixed hydrogen and CNG in a CVC(Constant Volume Chamber) with various fraction of Hydrogen-CNG blends using SSP(Single Spark plug) and DSP.
|Technical Paper||Effect of Hydrogen in CNG on Small Engine Performance and Emissions|
|Technical Paper||Analysis of Improved Combustion Characteristics and NOx Emission of an SI-HCNG Engine|
|Technical Paper||Torque Model for a Dual Fuel Engine|
CitationKang, S., Ko, D., Lee, S., Cho, Y. et al., "An Experimental Study Combustion and Emission Characteristics of HCNG with Dual Spark plug in a Constant Volume Chamber," SAE Technical Paper 2011-28-0019, 2011, https://doi.org/10.4271/2011-28-0019.
- Fulcher, S. K. Gajdeczko, B. F. Felton, P. G. Bracco, F. V. “The effects of fuel atomization, vaporization, and mixing on the cold-start UHC emissions of a contemporary S.I. engine with intake-manifold injection,” SAE, 952482 1995
- Linch, F. Hythane: a bridge to an ultraclean renewable hydrogen energy system Atti del Workshop IEA in Denver 1991
- Cannon, James Paving the way to Natural Gas Vehicles INFORM, Inc. 1993
- Munshi, S. R. Nedelcu, C. Harris, J. Edwards, T. Williams, J. Lynch, F. Frailey, M. Dixon, G. Wayne, S. Nine, R. “Hydrogen Blended Natural Gas Operation of a Heavy Duty Turbocharged Lean Burn Spark Ignition Engine” SAE, 2004-01-2956
- Iijima, Toshio Takeno, Tadao “Effects of Temperature and Pressure on Burning Velocity” Combustion and Flame 65 35 43 1986
- Grabner, P. Wimmer, A. Gerbig, F. Krohmer, A. Hydrogen as a Fuel for Internal Combustion Engines - Properties, Problems and Chances 5 th Intern. Colloquium FUELS 3 13 2005
- Heywood, J. B. “Internal combustion engine fundamentals,” McGraw-Hill, Inc. 371 375 1988