This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Real World Drive Cycle for India
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published January 19, 2011 by The Automotive Research Association of India in India
Annotation ability available
Event: SIAT 2011
A drive cycle which is series of data points representing the vehicle speed versus time are used to assess the performance of vehicles particularly fuel consumptions and emission levels. This paper describes a drive cycle generated by collecting data from various parts of India for which extensive trials were carried out at major cities, highways and ghats covering a mileage of 2500 km. The procedure involves generating micro-trips extracted from real world data logged during the road trials. A set of nine parameters were considered for the comparison of drive cycle with the real world data namely percentage durations of acceleration, deceleration, cruise and idle, average speed, maximum speed, maximum acceleration and deceleration and number of stops per km. The instruments used and methodology of data collection are also described in this paper
CitationSriniwas, A., Amal, J., Nandagopalan, C., Simhachalan, A. et al., "A Real World Drive Cycle for India," SAE Technical Paper 2011-26-0077, 2011, https://doi.org/10.4271/2011-26-0077.
- Bata, R et al. “Heavy Duty Testing Cycles: Survey and Comparison” SAE Paper No. 942263 Washington. DC. 1994
- Kruse, R E Huh, T A “Development for the Federal Urban Driving Cycle” US Environmental Protection Agency SAE Paper No. 730553 Washington, DC 1973
- Tamasanya, S Chunpaibulpattana, S Attajariyakul, S “Development of Automobile Bangkok Driving Cycle for Emissions and Fuel Consumption Assessment” Second Joint International Conference on Sustainable Energy and Environment Bangkok 2006
- Kamble, Sanghpriya H Mathew, Tom V Sharma, G K “Development of Real-World Driving Cycle: Case Study of Pune, India” Transportation Research Part D 14 2009 132 140
- ANDRÉ, Michel “Real-World Driving Cycles for Measuring Cars Pollutant Emissions- Part A: The ARTEMIS European Driving Cycles” Report INRETS-LTE 0411 June 2004
- de Haan, Peter Keller, Mario “Real-world Driving Cycles for Emission Measurements: ARTEMIS and Swiss Cycles” Swiss Agency for Environment, Forests and Landscape (SAEFL) 17 March 2001
- Tzirakis, E et al. “Vehicle Emissions and Driving Cycles: Comparison of the Athens Driving Cycle (ADC) with ECE-15 and European Driving Cycle (EDC)” Global NEST Journal. 8 3 282 290 2006