This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Using SCADE System for the Design and Integration of Critical Systems
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 18, 2011 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper presents the SCADE System™ product line for systems modeling and generation based on the SysML standard and the Eclipse Papyrus open source technology. SCADE System has been developed in the framework of Listerel, a joint laboratory of Esterel Technologies, provider of the SCADE® tools, and CEA LIST, project leader of the Eclipse component, Papyrus.
From an architecture point of view, the Esterel SCADE tools are built on top of the SCADE platform which includes both SCADE Suite®, a model-based development environment dedicated to critical software, and SCADE System enabling model-based system engineering. SCADE System includes Papyrus, an open source component (under EPL license), integrated in the modeling platform of Eclipse. Using this integrated modeling platform, both system and software teams share the same environment for system development. Furthermore, other model-based tools can be added to the environment, due to the use of Eclipse.
SCADE System avoids duplication of efforts and inconsistencies between system structural descriptions made of SysML Block Definition Diagram (BDD) and Internal Block Diagram (IBD), and the full software behavioral description designed through SCADE Suite models. Once the system description is completed and checked, the individual software blocks in the system can be refined in the form of models in SCADE Suite or in the form of manually developed source code. Automatic and DO-178B Level A-qualified code generation can then be applied to the SCADE Suite models. Moreover, the SCADE System description can be used as the basis to develop scripts that will automatically integrate the complete application software.
CitationLe Sergent, T., Le Guennec, A., Gerard, S., Tanguy, Y. et al., "Using SCADE System for the Design and Integration of Critical Systems," SAE Technical Paper 2011-01-2577, 2011, https://doi.org/10.4271/2011-01-2577.
- “Systems Engineering Handbook, a Guide for System Life Cycle Processes and Activities” SE Handbook Working Group, INCOSE January 2010
- “OMG Systems Modeling Language (OMG SysML)”, OMG, Version 1.2 June 2010
- “DO-178B Software Considerations in Airborne Systems and Equipment Certification” RTCA/EUROCAE 1992
- Papyrus http://www.eclipse.org/papyrus
- MARTE http://www.omg.org/omgmarte
- TOPCASED http://www.topcased.org
- Listerel Critical Software Lab http://www.listerel.org
- Esterel technologies SCADE products http://www.esterel-technologies.com
- SCADE Language Reference Manual http://www.esterel-technologies.com
- “The Synchronous Dataflow Programming Language LUSTRE” Halbwachs, N. Caspi, P. Raymond, P. Pilaud, D. Proceeding of the IEEE September 1991
- “A Conservative Extension of Synchronous Dataflow with State Machines” Colaço, J.L. Pagano, B. Pouzet, M. EMSOFT'05
- “Bridging UML and Safety-Critical Software Development Environments” Le Guennec, Alain Dion, Bernard ERTS 2006
- “SCADE 6: A Model Based Solution For Safety Critical Software Development” Dormoy, François-Xavier ERTS 2008