This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
4WID/4WIS Electric Vehicle Modeling and Simulation of Special Conditions
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 13, 2011 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper introduces the characteristics of the 4 wheel independent driving/4 wheel independent steering (4WID/4WIS) electric vehicle (EV). Models of Subsystems and the vehicle are constructed based on Matlab/simulink. The vehicle model allows the inputs of different drive torques and steer angles of four wheels. The dynamic characteristics of drive motors and steer motors are considered, and also it can reflect the vehicle longitudinal dynamics change due to the increase of the mass and inertia of the four wheels. Besides, drive mode selection function that is unique to this type vehicle is involved. Simulations and analyses of crab, oblique driving and zero radius turning which are the special conditions of 4WID/4WIS EV are conducted. The results show that the model can reflect the dynamic response characteristics. The model can be used to the simulation analyses of handling, stability, energy saving and control strategies verification of 4WID/4WIS EVs.
CitationLiu, J., Zong, C., and Ma, Y., "4WID/4WIS Electric Vehicle Modeling and Simulation of Special Conditions," SAE Technical Paper 2011-01-2158, 2011, https://doi.org/10.4271/2011-01-2158.
- Mokhiamar, Ossama Abe, Masato How the four wheels should share forces in an optimum cooperative chassis control Control Engineering Practice 14 2006 295 304
- QIAN, Huihuan LAM, Tin Lun System and Design of an Omni-directional Vehicle Proceedings of the 2008 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Biomimetics Bangkok, Thailand February 21 26 2009
- Yang, Fuguang Research on Anti-skid and Yaw Stability Control of 4WID/4WIS Electrical Vehicle Shandong University Doctoral Dissertation March 2010
- Wang, Junmin Longoria, Raul G. Coordinated Vehicle Dynamics Control with Control Distribution Proceedings of the 2006 American Control Conference Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA June 14 16 2006
- Pacejka, H.B. Tyre and Vehicle Dynamics 2002 Butterworth-Heinemann 0 750651415
- Kim, Wongun Yi, Kyongsu Kang, Juyong Development of Driving Control System Based on Optimal Distribution for a 6WD/6WS Vehicle SAE International Journal of Passenger Cars- Mechanical Systems August 2010 3 1145-157