This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Impact of Viscosity Modifiers on Gear Oil Efficiency and Durability
ISSN: 1946-3952, e-ISSN: 1946-3960
Published August 30, 2011 by SAE International in United States
Citation: Barton, W., Payne, J., Baker, M., O'Connor, B. et al., "Impact of Viscosity Modifiers on Gear Oil Efficiency and Durability," SAE Int. J. Fuels Lubr. 5(1):470-479, 2012, https://doi.org/10.4271/2011-01-2128.
- Girshick, F., “Non-Newtonian Fluid Dynamics in High Temperature High Shear Capillary Viscometer”, SAE Technical paper 922288, 1992
- Müller, M., Topolovec-Miklozic, K., Dardin, A., Spikes, H. A., Trib. Transactions, 49: 225-232, 2006
- Devlin, M. T., Lam, W. Y., McDonnell, T. F., “Critical Oil Physical Properties that Control the Fuel Economy Performance of General Motor Vehicles”, SAE Technical paper 982503, 1998
- Qureshi, F.S, Vinci, J.N., Akucewich, E.S. and Cain, R.W., “Developing Next Generation Axle Fluids”, Journal of the STLE, May 2003, pp. 15-20
- Devlin, M. T., Senn, J., Sturtz, M., Milner, J., Jao, T-C, Bala, V., “Improved Understanding of Axle Oil Rheology Effects on Torque Transfer Efficiency and Axle Oil Operating Temperature”, JSAE Technical Paper 20030129, 2003
- Wincierz, C., Hedrich, K., Müller, M., “Formulation of Multigrade Gear Oils for High Efficiency and Low Operating Temperatures”, SAE Technical paper 2002-01-2822, 2002
- Bartz, W. J., “Gear Oil Influences on Efficiency of Gear and Fuel Economy of Cars”, Proc. Instn. Mech. Engrs., Vol 214, Part D
- Wincierz, C., Schweder, R., Kreutzer, I., Neveu, C., “Influence of VI Improvers on the Operating Temperature of Multi-Grade Gear Oils”, SAE Technical Paper 2000-01-2029, 2000