This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Impact of Viscosity Modifiers on Gear Oil Efficiency and Durability
ISSN: 1946-3952, e-ISSN: 1946-3960
Published August 30, 2011 by SAE International in United States
Citation: Barton, W., Payne, J., Baker, M., O'Connor, B. et al., "Impact of Viscosity Modifiers on Gear Oil Efficiency and Durability," SAE Int. J. Fuels Lubr. 5(1):470-479, 2012, https://doi.org/10.4271/2011-01-2128.
- Girshick, F. “Non-Newtonian Fluid Dynamics in High Temperature High Shear Capillary Viscometer” SAE Technical paper 922288 1992
- Müller, M. Topolovec-Miklozic, K. Dardin, A. Spikes, H. A. Trib. Transactions 49 225 232 2006
- Devlin, M. T. Lam, W. Y. McDonnell, T. F. “Critical Oil Physical Properties that Control the Fuel Economy Performance of General Motor Vehicles” SAE Technical paper 982503 1998
- Qureshi, F.S Vinci, J.N. Akucewich, E.S. Cain, R.W. “Developing Next Generation Axle Fluids” Journal of the STLE May 2003 15 20
- Devlin, M. T. Senn, J. Sturtz, M. Milner, J. Jao, T-C Bala, V. “Improved Understanding of Axle Oil Rheology Effects on Torque Transfer Efficiency and Axle Oil Operating Temperature” JSAE Technical Paper 20030129 2003
- Wincierz, C. Hedrich, K. Müller, M. “Formulation of Multigrade Gear Oils for High Efficiency and Low Operating Temperatures” SAE Technical paper 2002-01-2822 2002
- Bartz, W. J. “Gear Oil Influences on Efficiency of Gear and Fuel Economy of Cars” Proc. Instn. Mech. Engrs. 214
- Wincierz, C. Schweder, R. Kreutzer, I. Neveu, C. “Influence of VI Improvers on the Operating Temperature of Multi-Grade Gear Oils” SAE Technical Paper 2000-01-2029 2000