This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Study of Non-Phosphorus and Non-Ash Engine oil
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published August 30, 2011 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Engine oils normally contain calcium detergents and ZnDTPs to have detergency and antiwear performance. However, it has been recently understood that these additives could deteriorate filter performance in catalyst and DPF. In this background this paper explains the study and the development about new type of engine oil excluding metal detergents and phosphorus compounds. The developed engine oil shows good durability in several JASO engine tests and a fleet test by formulating newly developed additives as substitute for calcium detergents and ZnDTPs.
|Technical Paper||Chemical Composition of Ashless Polymeric Internal Diesel Injector Deposits|
|Technical Paper||Thermal Properties of the Intelligent Catalyst|
|Technical Paper||Wear Protection Properties of Flexible Fuel Vehicle (FFV) Lubricants|
CitationShimizu, Y., Fujita, H., and Kasai, M., "Study of Non-Phosphorus and Non-Ash Engine oil," SAE Technical Paper 2011-01-2127, 2011, https://doi.org/10.4271/2011-01-2127.
- Tamoto, M. “Possibilities of Ultra Low Viscosity Fuel Saving Gasoline Engine Oil” SAE Paper 2004-01-1936
- Yamamoto, K. “Additive for Improving Fuel Economy of Diesel Engine Systems” Proceedings of World Tribology Congress 2009 Kyoto 2009 28
- Cheng, Y. “The Effects of SO 2 and SO 3 Poisoning on Cu/Zeolite SCR Catalysts” SAE Paper 2009-01-0898
- Sappok, A. “Characteristics and Effects of Ash Accumulation on Diesel Particulate Filter Performance: Rapidly Aged and Field Aged Results” SAE Paper 2009-01-1086
- Katafuchi, T. “Evaluation of the antiwear and friction reduction characteristics of mercaptocarboxylate derivatives as novel phosphorus-free additives” Tribology International 40 7 2007 1017 1024
- Mitarai, A. “Performance of Motorcycle Engine Oil with Sulfur-Based Additives as Substitute Zn-DTP” SAE Paper 2008-32-0005
- Ito, K. “Development of Phosphorus-free Engine Oil Antiwear Performance of Sulfur Compounds as Substitute ZnDTPs” Proceedings of World Tribology Congress 2009 Kyoto 2009 28
- Kamano, H. “Development of Engine Oil for Bio Diesel Fuel (First Report)” JSAE20085633 2008
- Naganuma, N. “Evaluation Tests for Detergency of Marine Engine Oils” Marine Engineering 45 1 2010 63 66
- Katafuchi, T. “Development of an Apparatus to Evaluate Oil Deterioration and Oil Life Based on a New Principle for Environmental Conservation”