This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Clutchless Geared Smart Transmission
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published August 30, 2011 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Most passenger vehicles employ manual or automatic transmission in their power train. Recently, some automated geared transmission including the dual clutch transmission is gaining popularity for its fuel efficiency and smooth driving as well as convenience. In this study, we are proposing a new much simplified clutchless geared transmission which may transmit most powerful torque employing the power-merge planetary gear system to the final drive during gear shift with excellent smoothness in the transmitted torque. This transmission might work for the most kinds of vehicles having internal combustion engine including the hybrid vehicles.
CitationYoon, Y., Kim, K., and Kim, S., "Clutchless Geared Smart Transmission," SAE Technical Paper 2011-01-2031, 2011, https://doi.org/10.4271/2011-01-2031.
- Gelb, GH Richardson, NA Wang, TC Berman, B “Power Trains - Design and Dynamometer Testing” SAE paper 710235 1971
- US Department of Energy “Annual Energy Outlook with projection to 2035” DOE/EIA-0383 April 2010
- Ibamoto, M Sakamoto, H Kuroiwa, H Study of an Automatic Transmission Transferring Torque through an Electric Motor Review of Automotive Engineering 25 2004 165 171 2004
- Teshima, T Uezono, S Izumi, S Sakamoto, H Ibamoto, M Experimental manufactured Car of Hybrid System(HAST) JSAE 20065638 2006
- RPG Heath “Seamless AMT offers efficient alternative to CVT” JSAE Annual Conference 2007
- Shin, S Oh, J Kim, JC “A Method of gear-shift in Parallel Hybrid Electric Vehicle using Motor Control” SAE 2010-01-1305 2010
- Benford, HL Leising, MB “The lever analogy: A new tool in transmission analysis” SAE paper 810102 1981
- Kulkarni, M Shim, T Zhang, Y “Shift dynamics and control of dual-clutch transmissions” Mechanisms and Machine Theory 42 168 182 2007