This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Anti- Combustion Deposit Fuel Development for 2009 Toyota Formula One Racing Engine
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published August 30, 2011 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Toyota participated in Formula One1 (F1) Racing from 2002 to 2009. As a result of the downturn in the world economy, various engine developments within F1 were restricted in order to reduce the cost of competing in F1.
The limit on the maximum number of engines allowed has decreased year by year. Toyota focused on the engine performance deterioration due to the combustion chamber deposits. In 2009, Toyota was successful in reducing around 40% of the deterioration by making combustion chamber cleaner in cooperation with ExxonMobil. This contributed to good result of 2009 F1 season for Toyota, including two second place finishes.
|Technical Paper||Understanding the mechanism of Cylinder Bore and Ring Wear in Methanol Fueled SI Engines|
|Technical Paper||Field Test Data Analysis Techniques|
|Technical Paper||Liner Honing Quality Main Characteristics|
CitationTakeuchi, K., Pfeilmaier, P., Esaki, Y., and Choi, E., "Anti- Combustion Deposit Fuel Development for 2009 Toyota Formula One Racing Engine," SAE Technical Paper 2011-01-1983, 2011, https://doi.org/10.4271/2011-01-1983.
- Takeuchi, K., Yajima, Y. : Toyota F1 Engine, Engine Technology Review. Vol.2, No.1
- Uehara, T., Takei, Y., Hoshi, H., Shiratani, K., Okada, M., Esaki, Y.: Study on Combustion Chamber Deposit Formation Mechanism, SAE 971722
- Esaki, Y., Suzuki, N., Kimoto, K., Araga, T., Shiratani, K. : Study of Combustion Chamber Deposition Fomulation Mechanism. Part1: Characterization of Deposits. JSAE9637195
- Uehara, T., Takei, Y., Nakatani, Y., Shiratani, K., Okada, M., Sagami, H., Esaki, Y.: Study of Combustion Chamber Deposition Fomulation Mechanism. Part2: Infuluence of Fuel and Gasoline Detergent. JSAE9637196
- Guralp, O., Hoffman, M., Assanis, D., Filipi, Z., Kuo, T., Najt, P., and Rask, R., Characterizing the Effect of Combustion Chamber Deposits on a Gasoline HCCI Engine, SAE 2006-01-3277.