This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Research on Simulation Method of Spot-weld Based on Vehicle Modal Analysis
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 17, 2011 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Spot-weld in most of vehicle modal analysis is modeled as a Rigid-beam, which is found that the stiffness of spot-weld can not be controlled and is highly dependent on mesh. A new simulation method of spot-weld is put forward by using Elastic-beam and modal analysis of a light bus is done. The experimental validation of real cars is completed and the results show that the simulation method of spot-weld using Elastic-beam is more accurate and effective.
CitationSong, H., Shi, W., and long, Y., "Research on Simulation Method of Spot-weld Based on Vehicle Modal Analysis," SAE Technical Paper 2011-01-1694, 2011, https://doi.org/10.4271/2011-01-1694.
- “Optimizer locates welds to stiffen structures,” Mach. Des. 66 5 18 19 1994
- Chirehdast, M. Jiang, T. “Optimal Design of Spot-Weld and Adhesive Bond Pattern,” SAE Technical Paper 960812 1996 10.4271/960812
- Zhang, Y. Taylor, D. “Optimization of spot-welded structures,” Finite Elements in Analysis and Design 12 37 1013 1022 2001 10.1016/S0168-874X(01)00046-4
- Xu, S. Deng, X. “An evaluation of simplied finite element models for spot-welded joints,” Finite Elements in Analysis and Design 40 1175 1194 2004
- Rui, Y. Borsos, R. Gopalakrishnan, R. Agrawal, H. et al. “The Fatigue Life Prediction Method for Multi-Spot-Welded Structures,” SAE Technical Paper 930571 1993 10.4271/930571
- Zhang, S. “Recovery of notch stress and stress intensity factors in finite element modeling of spot welds,” Proceedings of NAFEMS 1999 USA April 1999
- Shepperd, S.D. Strange, M. “Fatigue life estimation in resistance spot welds: initiation and early growth phase,” Fatigue Fracture Eng. Mater. Struct 15 6 531 549 1992
- Chang-lu, Zhou Zi-jie, Fan Zong-yu, Chen Liang-jin, Gui “Modal Analysis for Body-in-White of a Mini Bus,” Automotive Engineering 26 78 80 2004
- Dooms, D. Degrande, G. DeRoeck, G. Reynders, E. “Finite Element Modeling of a Silo Based on Experimental Modal Analysis,” Engineering structures 28 532 542 2006
- Capoluongo, P. Ambrosino, C. Campopiano, S. “Modal Analysis and Damage Detection by Fiber Bragg Grating Sensors,” Sensors and Actuators 133 415 424 2007
- Santos, F. M. Temarel, P. Soares, C. Guedes “Modal Analysis of a Fast Patrol Boat Made of Composite Material,” Ocean Engineering 36 179 192 2009