This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Effect of Road Excitations on Driveline Output Torque Measurements
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 17, 2011 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper presents the characterization of the random noise in driveline output shaft torque measurements that is commonly induced by road disturbances. To investigate the interaction between the shaft torque and road side excitation, torque signals are measured using a magnetoelastic torque sensor, as well as a conventional strain gauge sensor, under various types of road surfaces and conditions such as unevenness. A generalized de-trending method for producing a stationary random signal is first conducted. Statistical methods, in particular the probability density function and transform technique, are utilized to provide an evident signature for identifying the road excitation effect on the vehicle output shaft torque. Analysis results show how the road surface can act as a disturbance input to the vehicle shaft torque.
CitationKim, G., Kucharski, J., Pietron, G., Yanakiev, D. et al., "Effect of Road Excitations on Driveline Output Torque Measurements," SAE Technical Paper 2011-01-1538, 2011, https://doi.org/10.4271/2011-01-1538.
- Masmoudi, R. A. Hedrick, J. K. Estimation of Vehicle Shaft Torque Using Nonlinear Observers ASME Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement and Control, Intelligent Material systems & Structures 114 394 400 1992
- Yi, K. Shin, B. K. Lee, K. I. Estimation of Turbine Torque of automatic Transmissions Using Nonlinear Observers ASME Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement and Control, Intelligent Material systems & Structures 122 276 283 2000
- Kim, Gi-Woo Wang, K. W. Enhanced Control Performance of a Piezoelectric-hydraulic Pump Actuator for Automotive Transmission Shift Control Proc. IMechE, Part D: Journal of Automobile Engineering 224 2 161 174 2010 10.1243/09544070JAUTO1292
- Lee, S. J. US Patent Publication No. 2009/0230953 A1, Magneto-elastic Torque Sensor with Ambient Field Rejection 2009
- Fujii, Y. Hogirala, R. Greene, T. MDI Magneto-elastic Torque Sensor for Automotive Transmissions Proceedings of CTI Transmission Symposium Ann Arbor, MI 2010
- Kopac, O. Mucka, P. Effect of Obstacles on the Indicators of Road Unevenness Proc. IMechE, Part D: Journal of Automobile Engineering 220 1330 1343 2006
- Rouillard, V. Sek, M. A. Simulation of Non-stationary Vehicle Vibrations Proc. IMechE, Part D: Journal of Automobile Engineering 215 1069 1075 2001
- Hrovat, D. Survey of Advanced suspension Developments and Related Optimal Control Applications Automatica 33 10 1781 1817 1997
- ISO 8608 Mechanical vibration - Road Surface Profiles - Reporting of Measured Data International Standards Organization 1995
- Newland, D. E. Introduction to Random Vibrations Spectral and Wavelet Analysis Addison - Wesley 3 rd 1996
- MATLAB/Signal Processing Toolbox™ V7.6 User's guide The Mathworks 2008