This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Injector Tip Design Improvement of the Diesel Injectors
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 12, 2011 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Parameters of the fuel economy and the exhaust gases pollution of the high-speed diesel engines, with unshared and half-shared combustion chambers, are predetermined by processes of fuel spray and fuel-air mixture creation. The parameters of these processes (fuel spraying and development of flame structure dynamic) appreciably depend from design features of a flowing part of the injector tips. The major parameters of the injector tips design are the spraying nozzles length and the ratio of the length these nozzles to their diameters. The experimental research of the D-245.12C type diesel engine has been carried out. Fuel injectors of the diesel engine were equipped with injector tips of different spray nozzles lengths. The experimental data show improvement fuel efficiency, reduction of emissions and smoke due to optimization of geometries in the injector tip.
CitationMarcov, V., Gladyshev, S., and Devianin, S., "Injector Tip Design Improvement of the Diesel Injectors," SAE Technical Paper 2011-01-1397, 2011, https://doi.org/10.4271/2011-01-1397.
- Trusov, V.I. Dmitrienko, V.P. Maslianiy, G.D. Injektors of Auto Tractor Diesel Engines Moscow “Mashinostroyeniye” Press 1977 167
- Markov, V.A. Devyanin, S.N. Malchuk, V.I. Fuel Injection and Spraying in Diesel Engines Moscow Bauman Moscow State Technical University Press 2007 360
- Pajusov, V.I. Lukin, U.À. Vlasova, N.Ê Influence of Relative Length of Injector Nozzle Holes on Fuel Flame Development in High-Speed Heavy-Duty Diesel Engines // Heavy-Duty Engine Improvement and Development TSNIDI 1982 73 78
- Spraying of Liquids Dityakin, U.F. Klichko, L.A. Nonikov, B.V. Moscow “Mashinostroyeniye” Press 1977 208
- Grekhov, L.V. Ivaschenko, N.A. Markov, V.A. Fuel Systems and Diesel Engine Control Systems: Text Book for Higher School Second Moscow “Legion-Autodata” Press 2005 344
- Fuel Systems and Diesel Engines Efficiency Astahov, I.V. Golubkov, L.N. Trusov, V.I. Moscow “Mashinostroyeniye” Press 1990 288
- Markov, V.A. Gladyshev, S.P. Devyanin, S.N. Mihalsky, L.L. Drobyshev, O.V. “Perfection of the Processes of the Fuel Spraying and the Fuel-Air Mixture Creating in a High-Speed Diesel Engine, Working on the Bio-Fuel Mixture,” SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-0845 2009 10.4271/2009-01-0845
- Markov, V.A. Bashirov, P.M. Gabitov, I.I. Toxicity of the Diesel Engines Exhaust Gases Moscow Bauman Moscow State Technical University Press 2002 376
- Kampmann, S. Dittus, B. Mattes, P. Kirner, M. “The Influence of Hydro Grinding at VCO Nozzles on the Mixture Preparation in a DI Diesel Engine SAE Technical Paper 960867 1996 10.4271/960867
- Ganipa, L.C. Andersson, S. Chomiak, J. Combustion characteristics of Diesel sprays from equivalent nozzles with sharp and rounded inlet geometries Combust. Sci. Technol. 175 2003 1015 1032
- Goney, K.H. Corradini, M.L. “Isolated Effects of Ambient Pressure, Nozzle Cavitation and Hole Inlet Geometry on Diesel Injection Spray Characteristics,” SAE Technical Paper 2000-01-2043 2000 10.4271/2000-01-2043
- Payri, R. Salvador, F.J. Gimeno, J. de la Morena, J. Effects of nozzle geometry on direct injection diesel engine combustion process Applied Thermal Engineering 29 2009 2051
- Vanegas, A. Won, H. Peters, N. “Influence of the Nozzle Spray Angle on Pollutant Formation and Combustion Efficiency for a PCCI Diesel Engine,” SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-1445 2009 10.4271/2009-01-1445