This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Test Center for Aging Analysis and Characterization of Lithium-Ion Batteries for Automotive Applications
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 12, 2011 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A test center for aging analysis and characterization of Lithium-Ion batteries for automotive applications is optimized by means of a dedicated cell tester. The new power tester offers high current magnitude with fast rise time in order to generate arbitrary charge and discharge waveforms, which are identical to real power net signals in vehicles. Upcoming hybrid and electrical cars show fast current transients due to the implemented power electronics like inverter or DC/DC converter. The various test procedures consider single and coupled effects from current profile, state of charge and temperature. They are simultaneously applied on several cells in order to derive statistical significance. Comprehensive safely functions on both the hardware and the software level ensure proper operation of the complex system.
|Technical Paper||Experimentally-Determined Models for High-Power Lithium Batteries|
|Technical Paper||Automated Migration of Legacy Functions and Algorithms to Model Based Design|
|Technical Paper||Cost Efficient Integration for Decentralized Automotive ECU|
CitationFischnaller, M., Melbert, J., Scharner, S., and Eichner, T., "Test Center for Aging Analysis and Characterization of Lithium-Ion Batteries for Automotive Applications," SAE Technical Paper 2011-01-1374, 2011, https://doi.org/10.4271/2011-01-1374.
- Doughty, D., Crafts, C., “FreedomCar - Electrical Energy Storage System Abuse Test Manual for Electric and Hybrid Electric Vehicle Applications”, SAND 2005-3123, 2006.
- Fischnaller, M., Melbert, J., “Mixed switched mode and linear Lithium Ion Battery Tester for high Power and large Bandwidth”, presented at CIPS 2010, Germany, March 16-18, 2010.
- García, O., Flores, L.A., Oliver, J. A., Cobos, J.A., de la Peña, J.: “Bi-Directional DC-DC Converter for Hybrid Vehicles, Power Electronics Specialists Conference”, IEEE, 2005, P. 1881-1886.
- Böhm, A. and Melbert, J., “Modeling of Automotive Batteries for High Transient and Amplitude Dynamics,” SAE Technical Paper 2004-01-3038, 2004, doi:10.4271/2004-01-3038.
- Frey, R., Grafham, D., Mackewicz, T.: “New 500V Linear MOSFETs for a 120 kW Active Load”, presented at PCIM 2000, Germany, 2000.
- Kern, R., Bindel, R., Uhlenbrock, R.: “Durchgängiges Sicherheitskonzept für die Prüfung von Lithium-Ionen-Batteriesystemen”, ATZelektronik, Oct. 2009.
- Böhm, A.; Melbert, J.: “Double-Layer Capacitor Characterization and Modeling Implying Aging and Damaging Effects”, Advanced Automotive Battery & Ultracapacitor Conference, California, 2007.
- Fischnaller, M., Melbert, J., Scharner, S.: “Li-Ionen-Batterie für Hybrid-Antriebe - Testverfahren, Modellierung, Temperaturverhalten”, presented at VDI Baden-Baden Spezial 2008, Germany, October 15-16, 2008.