This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Micro-Cooling/Heating Strategy for Energy Efficient HVAC System
ISSN: 1946-3979, e-ISSN: 1946-3987
Published April 12, 2011 by SAE International in United States
Citation: Kaushik, S., Chen, K., Han, T., and Khalighi, B., "Micro-Cooling/Heating Strategy for Energy Efficient HVAC System," SAE Int. J. Mater. Manuf. 4(1):853-863, 2011, https://doi.org/10.4271/2011-01-0644.
- Johnson, V.H. “Fuel Used for Vehicle Air-Conditioning: A State-by-State Thermal Comfort-Based Approach,” SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-1957 2002 10.4271/2002-01-1957
- Han, T. Chen, K.-H. “Assessment of Various Environmental Thermal Loads on Passenger Compartment Soak and Cool-down Analyses,” SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-1148 2009 10.4271/2009-01-1148
- Fluent 12.1 Commercial CFD code ANSYS Inc.
- ANSA 13.0.2 Commercial meshing software Beta-CAE Systems
- Radtherm 10.0 Commercial thermal management software Thermo-Analytics Inc.
- Wang, X. L. “Convective Heat Transfer coefficients from Head and Arms” Climate Buildings 2 3 7 1990
- Stolwijk, J. A. J. Hardy, J. D. “Temperature Regulation in Man - A Theoretical Study” Pflugers Archives of Physiology 1966 291 129 162
- Tanabe, S. Tsuzuki, T. Kimura, K. Horikawa, S. “Numerical Simulation Model of Thermal Regulation of Man with 16 Body Parts for Evaluating Thermal Environment (Part 1 Heat Transfer at Skin Surface and comparison with SET and Stolwijk Model)” Summaries of Technical Papers of Annual Meeting, Architectural Meeting Architectural Institute of Japan 1995
- de Dear, R. Arens, E. Zhang, H. Oguro, M. “Convective and Radiative Heat Transfer Coefficients for Individual Human Body Segments” International Journal of Biometeorology 1997 40 141 156
- Fiala, D. “First Principles modeling of Thermal Sensation Responses in Steady-State and Transient conditions” ASHRAE Transactions 2002
- Raven, P. R. Horvath, S. M. “Variability of Physiological Parameters of Unacclimatized Males during a Two-hour Cold Stress of 5C” International Journal of Biometeorology 1970 14 3 309 320
- Hardy, J. D. Stolwijk, J. A. J. “Partitional Calorimetric Studies of Responses of Man to Thermal Transients” Journal of Applied Physiology 1966 21 967 977
- Birch, S. D. Ramadhyani, S. Pearson, J. T. “Analysis of Passenger Thermal Comfort in an Automobile under Severe Winter Conditions” ASHRAE Transactions 1991 97
- Zhang, H. “Human Thermal Sensation and Comfort in Transient and Non-Uniform Thermal Environments” Ph.D. Thesis University of California Berkeley 2003
- Arens, E. Zhang, H. Huizenga, C. “Partial and Whole Body Thermal Sensation and Comfort, Part 1: Uniform Environmental Conditions” Journal of Thermal Biology 31 53 59 2006
- Arens, E. Zhang, H. Huizenga, C. “Partial and Whole Body Thermal Sensation and Comfort, Part 2: Non-Uniform and Transient Environments” Journal of Thermal Biology 31 60 62 2006
- Zhang, H. Arens, E. Huizenga, C. Han, T. “Thermal Sensation and Comfort Models for Non-uniform and Transient Environments: Part 1: Local Sensation of Individual Body Parts” Building and Environment 45 380 388 2010
- Zhang, H. Arens, E. Huizenga, C. Han, T. “Thermal Sensation and Comfort Models for Non-uniform and Transient Environments: Part 2: Local Comfort of Individual Body Parts” Building and Environment 45 389 398 2010
- Zhang, H. Arens, E. Huizenga, C. Han, T. “Thermal Sensation and Comfort Models for Non-uniform and Transient Environments: Part 3: Whole Body Sensation and Comfort” Building and Environment 45 399 410 2010