This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Hybrid Drivetrain Simulation for Hardware-in-the-Loop Applications
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 12, 2011 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper describes challenges and possible solution of hybrid electrical vehicles test systems with a special focus on hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) test bench. The degree of novelty of this work can be seen in the fact that development and test of ECU for hybrid electrical powertrains can move more and more from mechanical test benches with real automotive components to HIL test systems. The challenging task in terms of electrical interface between an electric motor ECU and an HIL system and necessary real-time capable simulation models for electric machines have been investigated and partly solved. Even cell balancing strategies performed by battery management systems (BMU) can be developed and tested using HIL technology with battery simulation models and a precise cell voltage simulation on electrical level.
CitationSchulze, T., Schulte, T., and Sauer, J., "Hybrid Drivetrain Simulation for Hardware-in-the-Loop Applications," SAE Technical Paper 2011-01-0455, 2011, https://doi.org/10.4271/2011-01-0455.
- Wagener, A. Schulte, T. Waeltermann, P. Schuette, H. “Hardware-in-the-Loop Test Systems for Electric Motors in Advanced Powertrain Applications,” SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-0498 2007 10.4271/2007-01-0498
- Schulte, T. Bracker, J. “Real-Time Simulation of BLDC Motors for Hardware-in-the-Loop Applications Incorporating Sensorless Control,” Proc. of IEEE International Symposium on Industrial Electronics (ISIE) 2008, Paper No. CD_009938 Cambridge, UK June 2008
- Graf, C. Maas, J. Schulte, T. “Real-time HIL-Simulation of Power Electronics” Industrial Electronics Society 2008 IECON Nov.
- Schuette, H. Waeltermann, P. “Hardware-in-the-Loop Testing of Vehicle Dynamics Controllers - A Technical Survey,” SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-1660 2005 10.4271/2005-01-1660
- Rill, G. Simulation von Kraftfahrzeugen Vieweg Verlag Braunschweig 1994
- Rill, G. A modified implicit Euler Algorithm for Solving Vehicle Dynamic Equations EUROMECH Halle March 1 4 2004
- Michalsky, Th. Büdenbender, M. Testing Transmission ECUs With Integrated Sensors Auto Technology 1 62 65 June 2001
- Schuette, H. Ploeger, M. “Hardware-in-the-Loop Testing of Engine Control Units - A Technical Survey” SAE Paper 2007-01-0500 2007
- Schulze, T. Wiedemeier, M. Schuette, H. “Crank Angle - Based Diesel Engine Modeling for Hardware-in-the-Loop Applications with In-Cylinder Pressure Sensors,” SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-1303 2007 10.4271/2007-01-1303
- Hendricks, E. Chevalier, A. Jensen, M. Sorenson, S.C. et al. “Modelling of the Intake Manifold Filling Dynamics,” SAE Technical Paper 960037 1996 10.4271/960037
- Heywood, J. Internal Combustion Engine Fundamentals McGraw-Hill Book Company Singapore 1988