This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Preliminary Results on the Development of an Aircraft Cabin N&V Simulator
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 17, 2010 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In order to generate in-flight acoustic and vibration fields inside an aircraft cabin mock-up, an N&V simulator was developed. The preliminary work on the development, setup and characterization of the N&V simulator will be presented. Firstly, an overview of the system will be given, including the desired input signals, followed by the presentation of the control software, which was developed to simplify the operation of the system by end users during routine testing. Secondly, the set-up strategy to adjust the reproduction of levels and spectrum of both acoustic and vibration fields will be presented, along with comparative vibroacoustics results between the mock-up and original in-flight recordings. Finally, a discussion on different methods for adjusting the simulator reproduction by means of optimal filtering is made, and further developments are presented.
CitationQuiqueto, G., Chamon, L., and Bistafa, S., "Preliminary Results on the Development of an Aircraft Cabin N&V Simulator," SAE Technical Paper 2010-36-0546, 2010, https://doi.org/10.4271/2010-36-0546.
- Quehl, J. 2001 Comfort studies on aircraft interior sound and vibration Universität Oldenburg
- HEACE http://www.heace.org/
- IDEA PACI http://www.idea-paci.org/
- Grün, G Et. Al. Indoor Air 2008 17 22 August 2008 Copenhagen, Denmark
- Steinberg Audio Stream I/O API (c) 1997 2006 Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
- Humphrey, Robert Alastair Moore 2007 2008
- Keller, M. Roure, A. Marrot, F. 2006 Acoustic field reproduction for psychoacoustic experiments : application to aircraft interior noise Proceedings of ACTIVE 2006 Adelaide, Australia September 2006