This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Impact Study of High Biodiesel Blends on Engine Oil Performance
Published September 29, 2010 by Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan in Japan
This research was reported that the exchange interval of engine oil became shortened due to the engine oil dilution for the un-volatile FAME (Fatty Acid Methyl Ester) mixing and the deterioration of engine oil performance appeared due to the oxidation degradation of FAME that mixed into the engine oil in case of high viscosity engine oil test.
- Kiminobu Hirata - UD Trucks Corp.
- Masanori Okada - Toyota Motor Corp.
- Toru Kawatani - Mitsubishi Fuso Truck and Bus Corp.
- Tsutomu Hasegawa - Idemitsu Kosan Co., Ltd.
- Atsushi Kameoka - Japan Automobile Research Institute
- Keiichi Tsuchihashi - Hino Motors, Ltd.
- Masahiko Shibuya - Showa Shell Sekiyu K.K.
- Kenichi Okamoto - Japan Petroleum Energy Center
- Mamoru Miyasaki - Japan Petroleum Energy Center
- Takashi Kaneko - JX Nippon Oil & Energy Corp.
- Hiromitsu Baba - JX Nippon Oil & Energy Corp.
- Kazuki Fukuda - JX Nippon Oil & Energy Corp.
- Kazumi Murata - Cosmo Oil
- Katsuro Furui - Isuzu Motors Limited
- Kyouji Hosono - Nissan Motor Co., Ltd.
- Keiichi Koseki - Tonen General Sekiyu K.K.