This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Transient Exhaust Emissions and Performance in High Boost, Wide Range and High EGR Rate in a Heavy-Duty Diesel Engine~The Engine With a High Pressure Loop and a Low Pressure Loop EGR System
Published May 19, 2010 by Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan in Japan
Event: JSAE Spring Conference
It has been studied to promote the high boost and wide range high rate of EGR combustion in transient operation and improve dynamic performance, fuel consumption and emissions in a multi-cylinder diesel engine equipped with both a high pressure loop EGR and a low pressure loop EGR. The combination of the low pressure loop EGR which increases turbine work and the high pressure loop EGR which has quick response of EGR increases both boost pressure and EGR rate simultaneously in transient operation by controlling the fractions of each EGR and total EGR rate.
- Takayuki Adachi - New A.C.E Institute Co., Ltd.
- Masayuki Kobayashi - New A.C.E Institute Co., Ltd.
- Munemasa Hashimoto - New A.C.E Institute Co., Ltd.
- Tetsuya Murayama - New A.C.E Institute Co., Ltd.
- Yozo Aoyagi - New A.C.E Institute Co., Ltd.
- Hisakazu Szuki - National Traffic Safety and Environment Laboratory
- Yuichi Goto - National Traffic Safety and Environment Laboratory