This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Examination of Digging Efficiency Considering Force Feedback for Hydraulic Excavators
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 05, 2010 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A high performance digging algorithm for a hydraulic excavator has not been established because the relationship between digging parameters and digging performance is complex. An examination process for a high-performance digging algorithm is proposed. In this paper, the digging efficiency is defined as the soil volume derived by the applied energy to drive the bucket in order to evaluate digging performance. The digging algorithm, which we study for high digging efficiency, decreases the reaction force to the bucket from the soil by moving the bucket upward when the reaction force exceeds a threshold during digging. Digging tests are performed with a miniature test device and a simulation model by two-dimensional distinct element methods (2D-DEM). The device and the simulation assess the effectiveness of the digging algorithm. It is quantitatively shown that the digging performance obtained by the feedback digging system is improved to prevent growing of reaction force.
|Technical Paper||Evaluation of Advanced Steering Control with Computer Simulation|
|Technical Paper||Real-Time Dynamics Simulation — A Design Optimization Tool|
|Journal Article||Verification of ABS Models Applied in Programs for Road Accident Simulation|
CitationKoizumi, T., Yoshida, T., Andou, H., and Tsujiuchi, N., "Examination of Digging Efficiency Considering Force Feedback for Hydraulic Excavators," SAE Technical Paper 2010-01-1923, 2010, https://doi.org/10.4271/2010-01-1923.
- Suzuki, Tatsunori Ichiyanagi, Ken Tanaka, Yutaka Tele-operated Construction Machinery by Virtual Environment - Real Working Space for Operator JSME Annual Conference on Robotics and Mechatronics 2000 1 1A1.03.009(1) 1A1.03.009(2) 2000
- Ayatane, SANO Ken, ICHIRYU Development of excavator operation robot Yamanashi district conference, Yamanashi district conference 2002 259 260 2002
- Ito, Naoyuki Rohmer, Eric Nakano, Eiji Hisatake, Tsuneo Sasaki, Tomoyuki Tango, Shuichi Development of Operational Unit & Support System for the Easy Operation of a Hydraulic Excavator The 10th Symposium on Construction Robotics 10th 353 362 2004
- Watanabe, Hiroshi Fujishima, Kazuo Haga, Masakazu Development of Hydraulic Excavator Equipped with Automatic Digging Control System using External Reference The 6th Symposium on Construction Robotics 6th 351 358 1997
- Sakaida, Yuki Chugo, Daisuke Kawabata, Kuniaki Kaetsu, Hayato Asama, Hajime The Analysis of Skillful Hydraulic Excavator Operation 2005 JSME Conference on Robotics and Mechatronics 2006 2A1 B01
- Koizumi, T. Tsujiuchi, N. Tomita, Y. Andou, H. Evaluation Process of Digging Performance for Hydraulic Excavator Using DEM Proceedings of the 16th INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE of the International Society Terrain Vehicle Systems 427 433 2008
- Timoshenko, S.P. Goodier, J.N. 1934 Theory of Elasticity McGraw-Hill Book Company, Inc.