This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Mathematical Modeling Software Series of Vehicle Propulsion System Vehicle Road Wheel/Sprocket Tractive Effort
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 05, 2010 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
To overcome a vehicle's tractive resistances and accelerate its gross weight, the propulsion system must have enough energy available at the diameter of its traction road wheel/sprocket-track as tractive effort. The tractive effort of the wheel/sprocket must balance or exceed that of vehicle's tractive resistances. The tractive resistances are comprised of wheel-terrain rolling friction, also called rolling resistance, R R , ambient air/wind resistance, R A , vehicle mass-slopped terrain gradient resistance, R G , and additional accelerating force demand from the propulsion engine to overcome the rotating element masses of the engine transmission gear and wheel inertia forces. Each of the mentioned tractive resistances and the rotating elements' inertia shall be fully studied and will be the subject of the next papers in this series.
|Technical Paper||Heavy-Duty Aerodynamic Testing for CO2 Certification: A Methodology Comparison|
|Journal Article||A New Chassis Dynamometer Laboratory for Vehicle Research|
|Technical Paper||A Joint Simulink Boost Power Converter and Injector Valve Model|
CitationMekari, M. and Mekari, B., "Mathematical Modeling Software Series of Vehicle Propulsion System Vehicle Road Wheel/Sprocket Tractive Effort," SAE Technical Paper 2010-01-1896, 2010, https://doi.org/10.4271/2010-01-1896.
- Naftove Motory Ctyrdobe, Kolectiv, VUNM and CKD, SNLT, Dil I and Dil III, Second Edition, Prague 1962
- Pracovni Pochody Spalovacich Motoru, Glagolev, M. M., DTV 1952, First Edition
- The Automotive Chassis, Heldt, P. M. 1952, Third Edition
- Internal Combustion Engines, Obert, Edward F and Jennings, Burgess H., Second Edition, May 1953
- Fundamentals of Vehicle Dynamics. Gillespie, Thomas D., First Edition 1992
- Pistove Spalovaci Motory, Kostal, Jan, and Suk, Bohuslav, Prague 1963, NCAV, First Edition
- Driveline Systems of Ground Vehicles, Theory and Design. Andreev, Alexandr F., Kabanau, Viachaslau, Vantsevich, Vladimir V.
- Internal Combustion Engine Fundamentals, Heywood, John B., 1988, First Edition
- Vehicle and Engine Technology, Heisler, Heinz Second Edition 1999
- Heisler, H., “Advanced Engine Technology,” SAE International, Warrendale, PA, ISBN 978-1-56091-734-2, 1995.
- Stone, R., “Introduction to Internal Combustion Engines,” SAE International, Warrendale, PA, ISBN 978-0-7680-0495-3, 1999.
- Dynamika Stroju, Kozesnick, Jaroslav, SNTL, First Edition 1958
- Technicka Mechanika III, Dynamika, Srejtr, Josef, SNTL, First Edition, Prague 1958
- Technicka Thermodynamika CAV, Kalcik, Josef,VCU, First Edition Prague 1958
- Automobily, Motory Prevodna Ustroji, Siegl, Miroslav, NDS, Prague 1962
- Naftove Motory Ctyrdobe, Kolectiv, VUMV and CKD, Dil II SNTL, Prague 1955
- Vzduchem chlazene vozidlove Motory, Mackerly, J SNTL, Second Edition 1960
- The Motor Vehicle, Garrett, T. K., Newton, K & Steeds, W., Thirteen Edition 2001