This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
An Experimental Investigation of Brake Rotor DTV Under Laboratory Conditions - Part 3
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 10, 2010 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This study continues work from SAE Technical Papers 2008-01-2543 and 2009-01-3044 that demonstrated a laboratory technique for evaluating brakes-off wear and DTV generation. The present study includes 60 brakes-off dynamometer tests and compares the performance of three caliper designs that are Standard (current production), Standard + Increased piston retraction and Standard + Pad abutment shim spreader springs. In addition, the effect of applying double sided adhesive strips to the pad back plates on brake drag is reported.
|Journal Article||The Role of Copper on the Friction and Wear Performance of Automotive Brake Friction Materials|
|Technical Paper||Dynamic Properties of Styrene-Butadiene Rubber for Automotive Applications|
CitationBackstrom, A., "An Experimental Investigation of Brake Rotor DTV Under Laboratory Conditions - Part 3," SAE Technical Paper 2010-01-1690, 2010, https://doi.org/10.4271/2010-01-1690.
- Backstrom, A. “An Experimental Investigation of Brake Rotor DTV Under Laboratory Conditions,” SAE Technical Paper 2008-01-2543 2008 10.4271/2008-01-2543
- Backstrom, A. “An Experimental Investigation of Brake Rotor DTV under Laboratory Conditions - Part 2,” SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-3044 2009 10.4271/2009-01-3044
- Börjesson, M Ericksson, P Kuylenstierna, C Nilsson, P H Hermansson, T The role of friction films in automotive brakes subject to low contact forces IMechE C444/026/93 1993 259 267
- Anwana, O.D. Cai, H. Chang, H.T. “Analysis of Brake Caliper Seal-Groove Design,” SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-0927 2002 10.4271/2002-01-0927
- Cai, H. Anwana, O. “Seal/Groove Performance Analysis Models,” SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-2588 2002 10.4271/2002-01-2588