This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Impact of Lubricating Oil Condition on Exhaust Particulate Matter Emissions from Light Duty Vehicles
ISSN: 1946-3952, e-ISSN: 1946-3960
Published May 05, 2010 by SAE International in United States
Citation: Christianson, M., Bardasz, E., and Nahumck, W., "Impact of Lubricating Oil Condition on Exhaust Particulate Matter Emissions from Light Duty Vehicles," SAE Int. J. Fuels Lubr. 3(2):476-488, 2010, https://doi.org/10.4271/2010-01-1560.
- Zielinska B et al., “Emissions Rates and Comparative Chemical Composition from Selected In-use Diesel and Gasoline Vehicles,” J. Air Waste Management Assoc. 2004, 54, 1138
- Cadle S.H. et al., “Particulate Emissions Rates from In-Use High-Emitting Vehicles Recruited in Orange County,” Environ. Sci. Technol. 1997, 31, 3405
- Cadle S.H. et al., “Measurement of Exhaust Particulate Matter Emissions from In-Use Light-Duty Vehicles in the Denver, Colorado Area,” CRC Report E-24-1, 1998
- Whitney K. “Measurement of Primary Exhaust Emissions from Light Duty Motor Vehicles,” CRC Report E-24-3, 1998
- Cadle S.H. et al., “Composition of Light-duty Motor Vehicle Exhaust Particle Matter in the Denver, Colorado Area,” Environ. Sci. Technol. 1999, 33, 2328
- Kleeman M.J. et al., “Size and Distribution of Fine Particulate Matter Emitted from Motor Vehicles,” Environ. Sci. Technology 2000, 34, 1132
- Kittelson D.B. et al., “On Road and Laboratory Evaluation of Combustion Aerosols” - Part 2 Summary of Spark Ignition Engine Results,” Journal of Aerosol Science, 37 (2006) 931
- Li W. et al., “Assessment of Particulate Matter Emissions from a Sample of In-Use ULEV and SULEV Vehicles”, SAE Technical Paper 2006-01-1076, 2006.
- Cadle S.H. et al., “Real-World Vehicle Emissions: a Summary of the Seventeenth Coordinating Research Council On-Road Vehicle Emissions Workshop,” J Air Management Assoc. 2008, 58, 3
- Payri F. et al., “Measurement of the Oil Consumption of the Automotive Turbocharger,” Experimental Techniques, 2005, 29, 25
- Yilmaz E. el at., “Analysis of Oil Consumption Behavior During Ramp Transients in a Production Spark Ignition Engine”, SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-3544, 2001.
- Yilmaz E. el at., “An Experimental and Theoretical Study of the Contribution of Oil Evaporation to Oil Consumption”, SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-2684, 2002.
- United States Environmental Protection Agency, “LA92 ‘Unified’ Dynamometer Driving Schedule,” http://www.epa.gov/OMS/standards/light-duty/la92.htm, December 2009.
- United States Environmental Protection Agency, “EPA Compliance Assurance Program (CAP 2000) Final Rule,” http://www.epa.gov/otaq/Id-hwy.htm#cap2k, December 2009.
- Diesel Net.com, “Standard Road Cycle (SRC) and Standard Bench Cycle (SBC),” http://www.dieselnet.com/standards/cycles/src.html, December 2009.
- Durbin, T., Miller, J., and MacKay, G., “The Effect of Fuel Sulfur on NH3 and Other Emissions from 2000-2001 Model Year Vehicles,” CRC Project No. E-60, 2003. Available at www.crcao.com
- Coordinating Research Council Inc, “Initial Mass Exhaust Emissions from Reformulated Gasolines,” Technical Bulletin No. 1, Auto/Oil Sir Quality Improvement Research Program, December 1990. Available at www.crcao.com