This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Bond Graph Modeling and Analysis of Series-Parallel Hybrid Electric Vehicle Transmissions
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 12, 2010 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The bond graph method is used to model kinematics of various one-mode and two-mode series-parallel configurations of hybrid electric vehicle transmissions. Based on the derived speed and torque equations, a comparative analysis of hybrid transmissions steady-state behaviors is conducted. An example of control-oriented bond graph modeling of hybrid transmission dynamics is presented, as well.
CitationCipek, M., Deur, J., and Petric, J., "Bond Graph Modeling and Analysis of Series-Parallel Hybrid Electric Vehicle Transmissions," SAE Technical Paper 2010-01-1309, 2010, https://doi.org/10.4271/2010-01-1309.
- Gao Y. Ehsani M. Miller J.M. “Hybrid Electric Vehicle: Overview and state of the Art” Proc. of IEEE Int. Symp. on Industrial Electronic 307 315 Dubrovnik, Croatia June 20-23 2005
- Miller J.M. “Hybrid Electric Vehicle Propulsion System Architectures of the e-CVT Type” IEEE Transaction on Power Electronic 21 3 756 767 May 2006
- Emadi A. “Handbook of Automotive Power Electronics and Motor Drives” Illinois Institute of Technology Chicago, U.S.A. 0-8247-2361-9 2005
- Holmes A.G. Schmidt M. R. “Hybrid Electric Powertrain Including a Two-Mode Electrically Variable Transmission” U.S. Patent 6 478 705 Nov. 12 2002
- Villeneuve A. “Dual mode electric infinitely variable transmission” Proc. SAE TOPTECH Meeting Continuously Variable Transmission 1 11 2004
- Karnopp, D. C. Margolis, D. L. Rosenberg, R. “System Dynamics - a Unified Approach” John Wiley and Sons New York 0-471-62171-4 1990
- Deur J. Cipek M. Petrić, J. “Bond Graph Modeling of Series-Parallel Hybrid Electric Vehicles Power Train Dynamics” International Conference on Bond Graph Modeling and Simulation (ICBGM 2010) Orlando, Florida U.S.A. April 11-16 2010
- Miller J.M. “Comparative Assessment of Hybrid Vehicle Power Split Transmission” 4'th VI Winter Workshop Series, PPT presentation January 12 2005
- Hrovat, D. Tobler, W.E. “Bond Graph Modeling of Automotive Power Trains” Journal of the Franklin Institute 328 623 662 1991
- Deur J. Ivanović, V. Hancock M. Assadian F. “Modeling and Analysis of Active Differential Dynamics” ASME Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement, and Control