This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Internal Heat Exchanger Design Performance Criteria for R134a and HFO-1234yf
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 12, 2010 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
This paper will examine the various design and performance criteria for optimized internal heat exchanger performance as applied to R134a and HFO-1234yf systems. Factors that will be considered include pressure drop, heat transfer, length, internal surface area, the effect of oil in circulation, and how these factors impact the effectiveness of the heat exchanger. The paper describes the test facility used and test procedures applied. Furthermore, some design parameters for the internal heat exchanger will be recommended for application to each refrigerant.
CitationSeybold, L., Hill, W., and Zimmer, C., "Internal Heat Exchanger Design Performance Criteria for R134a and HFO-1234yf," SAE Technical Paper 2010-01-1210, 2010, https://doi.org/10.4271/2010-01-1210.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
|Unnamed Dataset 2|
- Kurata, S. Suzuki, T. Ogura, K. “Double-pipe Internal Heat Exchanger for Efficiency Improvement in Front Automotive Air Conditioning System,” SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-1523 2007
- Preissner, M. Radermacher, R. Zhang, C. Dickson, T. “R134A Suction Line Heat Exchanger in Different Configurations of automotive Air-Conditioning Systems,” SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-1694 2001
- Boewe, D. Yin, J. Park, Y.C. Bullard, C.W. et al. “The Role of Suction Line Heat Exchanger in Transcritical R744 Mobile A/C Systems,” SAE Technical Paper 1999-01-0583 1999
- Navarro-Esbri J. Cabello R. Torrella E. “Experimental evaluation of the internal heat exchanger influence on a vapor compression plan energy efficiency working with R22, R134a, and R407C” Energy 30 2005 621 636
- Zhang, C.A. Graham, B.L. Dickson, T.R. “How to Improve R134a A/C System Performance with a Liquid Line Suction Line Heat Exchanger (IHX),” SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-0507 2002
- Whitaker S. Elementary heat transfer analysis Pergamon Press Inc. 1976 33
- Zemansky W. Heat and thermodynamics McGraw-Hill 1957 90
- Chorin J. Marsden E. A mathematical introduction to fluid mechanics Springer 1990 32
- Eck B. Technische Strömungslehre Springer 1960 108
- Dehne W. Untersuchungen über den Druckverlust bei wirbelder Strömung in Rohrkrümmern Bergakademie 1957
- Personal Communication Rodríguez J. A. General Motors Corporation 2009
- Turaga M. Guy R. W. Refrigerant side heat transfer and pressure drop estimates for direct expansion coils A review of works in North American use, Revue Internationale du Froid 1985