This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Modern Revision Control and Configuration Management of Simulink Models
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 12, 2010 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Today virtually all leading OEMs and suppliers have adopted model-based development using Simulink as part of their processes. Although the issue of revision control and configuration management has been previously addressed, the lack of high-quality diff and merge tools has prevented the adoption of simpler, more robust practices for revision control and configuration management. In 2009, 3-way merge for Simulink models became available for the first time. This timely paper discusses how teams of differing sizes can dramatically improve how they manage their models and collaborate as a team by adopting modern methods enabled by the recent availability of 3-way merge tools for Simulink models.
CitationSauceda, J. and Kothari, S., "Modern Revision Control and Configuration Management of Simulink Models," SAE Technical Paper 2010-01-0940, 2010, https://doi.org/10.4271/2010-01-0940.
- Walker, G. Friedman, J. Aberg, R. “Configuration Management of the Model-Based Design Process,” SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-1775 2007
- SimMerge http://www.ensoftcorp.com/SimMerge/ Oct. 2009
- SimMerge 3.1, Computer Software EnSoft Corp. Ames, IA 2009
- http://www.accurev.com/documentation.html Oct. 2009
- Wahli, U. Brown, J. Teinonen, M. Trulsson, L. “Software Configuration Management,” IBM RedBooks 0738491594 http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg246399.html 2004