This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Synthesis of a Vehicle Suspension with Constrained Lateral Space using a Roll-plane Kineto-dynamic Model
ISSN: 1946-3979, e-ISSN: 1946-3987
Published April 12, 2010 by SAE International in United States
Citation: Balike, K., Rakheja, S., and Stiharu, I., "Synthesis of a Vehicle Suspension with Constrained Lateral Space using a Roll-plane Kineto-dynamic Model," SAE Int. J. Mater. Manuf. 3(1):305-315, 2010, https://doi.org/10.4271/2010-01-0641.
- Fuhs A E 2009 Hybrid Vehicles and the Future of personal Transportation CRC Press, Taylor and Francis Group New York, NW
- Nalecz, A. G. Bindemann, A. C. “Handling Properties of Four-Wheel Steering Vehicles,” SAE Technical Paper 890080 1989
- Shim, T. Velusamy, P. C. “Influence of Suspension Properties on Vehicle Roll Stability,” SAE Technical Paper 2006-01-1950 2006
- Balike K P Rakheja S Stiharu I 2009 A comprehensive Quarter-car Model for Kinematic and Dynamic Analysis of Suspension Proc. of the 2009 ASME IMECE Orlando, FL Nov.
- Reimpell J Stoll H 1995 The Automotive Chassis: Engineering Principles SAE Warrendale, PA
- Milliken W F Milliken D L 1995 Race Car Vehicle Dynamics SAE Warrendale, PA
- Olley M Milliken W F Milliken D L 2002 Chassis Design SAE Warrendale, PA
- Cronin D L 1981 MacPherson Strut Kinematics Mechanism and Machine Theory 16 6 631 644
- Kang H Y Suh C H 1994 Synthesis and Analysis of Spherical-Cylindrical (SC) Link in the McPherson Strut Suspension Mechanism J of Mechanical Design 116 599 606
- Mantaras D A Luque P Vera C 2004 Development and Validation of a Three-Dimensional Kinematic Model for the McPherson Steering and Suspension Mechanisms Mechanism and Machine Theory 39 603 619
- Suh, C. H. “Synthesis and Analysis of Suspension Mechanism with Use of Displacement Matrices,” SAE Technical Paper 890098 1989
- Balike K P Rakheja S Stiharu I 2008 Kinematic Analysis of Quadra-link Rear Suspension Mechanism Proc. of the 2008 CSME Forum Ottawa, Canada
- Lee D M A Pascoe D M ElMaraghy W H 1993 An Analysis of the Multi-link Independent Suspension System Int. J. of Vehicle Design 14 1 44 58
- Knapczyk J Dzierzek S 1995 Displacement and Force Analysis of Five-Rod Suspension with Flexible Joints J of Mechanical Design 117 532 538
- Simionescu P A Beale D 2002 Synthesis and Analysis of the Five-link Rear Suspension System Used in Automobiles Mechanism and Machine Theory 37 815 832
- Habibi H Shiraz K K Shishesaz M 2008 Roll Steer Minimization of McPherson-Strut Suspension System using Genetic Algorithm Method Mechanism and Machine Theory 43 57 67
- Raghavan M 1991 Suspension Kinematic Structure for Passive Control of Vehicle Attitude Int. J. of Vehicle Design 31 5/6 525 547
- Sharp R S Dodu M 2004 Kinematic cross-linking in Automotive Suspension Systems Vehicle System Dynamics 41 63 72
- Bae S Lee J M Choi W J Yun J R Tak T O 2003 Axiomatic Approach to the Kinematic Design of an Automotive Suspension System with the McPherson Strut Type Int. J. of Vehicle Design 31 1 58 71
- Wach, W. Struski, J. “Rear Wheels Multi-link Suspension Synthesis with the Application of a Virtual Mechanism,” SAE Technical Paper 2006-01-1376 2006
- Suh C H Radcliffe C W 1978 Kinematics and Mechanisms Design John Wiley & Sons New York
- Matlab Product Help 1984-2007 The MathWorks, Inc.