This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Integrated Powertrain Control
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 12, 2010 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper presents a newly developed integrated powertrain control system. The system coordinates the controls between engine and transmission to optimize powertrain operation for drive quality and fuel economy. This new control system uses the desired engine power as the common load variable for both engine and transmission control instead of throttle as is used in conventional powertrain controls. The main advantages to this control system are improved fuel economy and drive quality. Other advantages and a brief description of the control system will be described in more detail in the following discussion.
CitationBai, S., Brennan, D., Dusenberry, D., Tao, X. et al., "Integrated Powertrain Control," SAE Technical Paper 2010-01-0368, 2010, https://doi.org/10.4271/2010-01-0368.
- Kim D. Peng H. Bai S. Maguire J. M. “Control of Integrated Powertrain With Electronic Throttle and Automatic Transmission” IEEE Transactions on Control System Technology May 2007 15 3 474 482
- Sawamura K. Saito Y. Kuroda S. Katoh A. “Development of an Integrated Power Train Control System with an Electronically Controlled Throttle” JSAE Review 19 January 1998 39 48 10
- Kuwahara, S. Kubonoya, H. Mizuno, H. Kaigawa M. Kono, K. “Toyota's New Integrated Drive Power Control System,” SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-1306 2007
- Tokura, T. Asami, T. Hasegawa, Y. Sugimura T. Kono, K. “Development of Smooth Up-Shift Control Technology for Automatic Transmissions with Integrated Control of Engine and Automatic Transmission,” SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-1310 2007
- Kondo, M. Hasegawa, Y. Takanami, Y. Arai, K. Tanaka M. Kinoshita, M. “Toyota AA80E 8-Speed Automatic Transmission with Novel Powertrain Control System,” SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-1311 2007