This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Advancement of Vehicle Dynamics Control with Monitoring the Tire Rolling Environment
ISSN: 1946-3995, e-ISSN: 1946-4002
Published April 12, 2010 by SAE International in United States
Citation: Ivanov, V., Shyrokau, B., Augsburg, K., and Gramstat, S., "Advancement of Vehicle Dynamics Control with Monitoring the Tire Rolling Environment," SAE Int. J. Passeng. Cars – Mech. Syst. 3(1):199-216, 2010, https://doi.org/10.4271/2010-01-0108.
One of the most important challenges for electronic stability control (ESC) systems is the identification and monitoring of tire rolling environment, especially actual tire-road friction parameters. The presented research considers an advanced variant of the ESC system deducing the mentioned factors based on intelligent methods as fuzzy sets.
The paper includes:
- Overview of key issues in prototyping the algorithms of Electronic Stability Control.
- Case study for vehicle model.
- Procedures for monitoring of tire rolling environment: theoretical backgrounds, computing methods, fuzzy input and output variables, fuzzy inference systems, interface with ESC algorithm.
- Case study for ESC control algorithm.
- Examples of simulation using Hardware-in-the-Loop procedures.
The proposed approach can be widely used for the next-generation of ESC devices having the close integration with Intelligent Transport Systems.