This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Math Model to Simulate Clutch Energy During Vehicle Launch
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 06, 2009 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The clutch system works basically as an interface between the engine and the vehicle. The engine provides power and torque in a given revolution while the vehicle launches.
The slip time is a critical moment for the clutch during vehicle launch. So, lots of studies have been done to predict the total slip time and related amount of energy during clutch engagement.
Considerations about this energy are highly important in clutch capacity analysis, and the studies available evaluate several aspects that take place during the slipping phase, where simple or complex models represent all dynamics involved in the related systems.
CitationDuque, E., Barreto, M., and de Toledo Fleury, A., "Math Model to Simulate Clutch Energy During Vehicle Launch," SAE Technical Paper 2009-36-0401, 2009, https://doi.org/10.4271/2009-36-0401.
- ABERGER, M. OTTER, M. Modeling friction in Modelica with the Lund-Grenoble friction model 2 nd International Modelica Conference Germany Oberpfaffenhofen 2002
- ANDERSSON et al. Friction models for sliding dry, boundary and mixed lubricated contacts Sweden: Stockholm 2006
- BOSCH, R. Manual de tecnologia automotiva: Bosch Robert São Paulo: Edgard Blucher 2005
- DORMAND, J. R. PRINCE, P. J. A family of embedded Runge-Kutta formulae Journal of Computational and Applied Maths Volume 6 Number 1 1980
- DORMAND, J. R. Numerical methods for differential equations: a computational approach New York CRC Press 1996
- DUQUE, E. L. Efeito das vibrações torcionais do volante de motores na determina&ção do sistema de embreagem veicular 2005 Master Thesis (Automotive Engineering) - Escola Politécnica Universidade de São Paulo São Paulo
- GILLESPIE, T. D. Fundamentals of vehicle dynamics Warrendale SAE 1992
- KIENCKE, U. NIELSEN, L. Automotive control systems: for engine, driveline, and vehicle 2nd ed Berlim Springer 2005
- OLSSON, H. et al. Friction models and friction compensation Lund Lund University 1997
- MATHWORKS. Matlab and Simulink: product family Natick The Mathworks Inc. 2005
- SOCIETY OF AUTOMOTIVE ENGINEERS SAE J2263 : road load measurement using anemometry and coastdown techniques Warrendale Oct. 1996
- SHAMPINE, L. F. REICHELT, M. W. The Matlab ODE suite. http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~wkahan/math128/ODE suite.pdf 23 Jun 2009
- SHAVER, R. Manual transmission clutch systems Warrendale SAE 1997
- SZADKOWSKI, A. MCNERNEY, G. J. Clutch engagement simulation: engagement with throttle Detroit SAE 1992 922483
- SZADKOWSKI, A. MORFORD, R. B. Clutch engagement simulation: engagement without throttle Detroit SAE 1992 920766