This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
1-D MODEL DEVELOPMENT TO STUDY THE DYNAMIC BEHAVIOR OF THE MECHANICAL DIODE CONFIGURATION APPLIED TO ONE-WAY CLUTCH (OWC)
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 06, 2009 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Two types of One-Way Clutch (OWC) are commonly used in automotive applications – the roller and the sprag types. Some manufacturers claim the advantages of a different type of OWC having a mechanical diode OWC. The aim of this research is to study the mechanical diode system in order to point out reasons that explain why this configuration is not a spread out system in automotive applications that require lockup functionality. To achieve this objective the research work focuses on the development of 1-D models to simulate system behavior and evaluate product performance against design variables. Improvements to the system are suggested based on the simulation results.
|Technical Paper||The Durability and Reliability of Variators for a Dual-cavity Full-toroidal CVT|
|Technical Paper||Motorcycle Toroidal CVT Design Concepts|
|Technical Paper||Application of Fluid Transport Phenomenon to Transmission Band Friction Material|
CitationMichelotti, A. and da Silva, J., "1-D MODEL DEVELOPMENT TO STUDY THE DYNAMIC BEHAVIOR OF THE MECHANICAL DIODE CONFIGURATION APPLIED TO ONE-WAY CLUTCH (OWC)," SAE Technical Paper 2009-36-0230, 2009, https://doi.org/10.4271/2009-36-0230.
- BOSCH, R. Automotive Handbook SAE 2007
- CHESNEY, D. KREMER, J. Generalized Equations for Roller One-Way Clutch Analysis and Design SAE International paper nr. 970682 1997
- CHESNEY, D. KREMER, J. Generalized Equations for Sprag One-Way Clutch Analysis and Design SAE International paper nr. 981092 1998
- FITZ, F. GADD, C.T. Ultimate Strength of Mechanical Diode Type One-Way Clutches SAE International paper nr. 960722 1996
- LEBRUN, M. RICHARDS, C. How to create Good Models without writing a single line of code 5th Scandinavian Intl. Conference on Fluid Power, Linkoping Sweden May 1997
- LMS.Imagine.Lab AMESim User Manual - Version 7A 2008
- MICHELOTTI, A.C. SILVA, J.C. 1-D Dynamic Modeling and Sensitivity Analysis in Design Process SAE International Paper nr 2008-36-0134 2008
- SILVA, J. C. Virtual Environment for Dynamic Modeling of Multi-Domain Systems 18 th International Congress of Mechanical Engineering Brazil 2005
- SINK, D. R. One-Way High Torque Clutch Mechanism United States Patent nr. 5871071 1999