This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Simulation and Testing Methods to Master NVH and Sound Design
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published January 21, 2009 by The Automotive Research Association of India in India
Annotation ability available
Event: SIAT 2009
The challenge of todays powertrain and vehicle development is the near-zero-emission and CO2 reduction. The measures to decrease CO2 and NOx are optimization of the combustion process, downsizing of the powertrains and aftertreatment as well as the optimization of traffic conditions. Unfortunately these measures are in large part contradicting the NVH and durability requirements as well as the driveability. Therefore the powertrain and vehicle development is forced to find measures to compensate negative influence of the above mentioned measures on other vehicle design and quality targets. This has also a strong influence on the increasing requirement to create OEM- characteristic “brand sounds”.
The paper describes simulation and test methods which are employed to meet the requirements for optimized NVH behavior and sound design exemplary for
Powertrain and driveline dynamics - NVH phenomena
Hybrid powertrain development and
Intake and exhaust noise reduction and sound engineering
CitationRainer, G., Brandl, F., and Resch, T., "Simulation and Testing Methods to Master NVH and Sound Design," SAE Technical Paper 2009-26-0063, 2009, https://doi.org/10.4271/2009-26-0063.
- Resch, T., et al., “NVH Analysis of Transmission and Drivelines - Different Levels of Model Complexity” VPC 2005 Germany
- Klarin, B., et al., “Enhanced Power Unit NVH Simulation with MBD Solver AVL EXCITE” SAE Italy 2005
- Priebsch, H Resch, T. “Simulation and Optimisation of Engine Noise - Predictive Input for the Development Process” 16 th RIETER Automotive Conference 2003
- Resch, T., et al., “Comparison of Simulation and Measurement Results During NVH Analysis of Engine” 21 st Danubia-Adria Symposium (DAS) on Experimental Methods in Solid Mechanics 2004 Croatia
- AVL List GmbH AVL EXCITE Power Unit User Manuals (Version 7.0) Graz 2007
- Bukovnik, S., et al., “Numerical Investigation in a Belt-Driven Mild-Hybrid System for a Inline 4- Cylinder Diesel Engine” VPC 2008 Germany
- AVL List GmbH AVL EXCITE Timing Drive User Manuals (Version 7.0) Graz 2007
- Brandl, F. “Predicting and Assessing Sound Quality for Smaller Vehicles” 5 th ISNVH Congress June 4—6 2008