This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Responses of Hybrid III and Q3 Dummies in Various CRSs Tested Using ECE R44 Impact Conditions
Published October 07, 2009 by Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan in Japan
Event: JSAE Autumn Conference
In this study, sled tests were carried out using Hybrid III 3YO and Q3 dummies seated in impact shield CRSs and 5-point harness CRSs under the impact conditions specified in ECE R44. The Hybrid III 3YO and Q3 kinematic behavior and injury measures were compared for these various types of CRSs. The global dummy kinematic behavior was comparable between the Hybrid III 3YO and Q3 dummies and was different between 5-point harness CRSs and impact shield CRSs. In the impact shield CRSs, the chest deflection was large and depended on the shield structure.
- Yoshinori Tanaka - National Traffic Safety and Environment Laboratory
- Hideki Yonezawa - National Traffic Safety and Environment Laboratory
- Naruyuki Hosokawa - National Traffic Safety and Environment Laboratory
- Yasuhiro Matsui - National Traffic Safety and Environment Laboratory
- Koji Mizuno - Nagoya Univ.
- Masatomo Yamaguchi - Nagoya Univ.
- Ryoichi Yoshida - Takata Corp.