This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Combustion and Emission Characteristics of a Dual Fuel Engine~Improvement of Natural Gas Combustion by Spray Control of Diesel Fuel
Published October 07, 2009 by Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan in Japan
Event: JSAE Autumn Conference
An objective of this study is to realize high efficient duel fuel combustion with natural gas and diesel fuel. In this report, improvement of dual fuel combustion of a single-cylinder test engine was conducted with controlling in-cylinder distribution of diesel fuel. The result from this study represents that combustion and emission of natural gas could be significantly improved by lean and widespread distribution of diesel fuel achieved by advancement of diesel injection timing. And in order to figure out combustion behavior of natural gas and diesel fuel, direct photographing was conducted.
- Ryo Shimada - Ibaraki Univ.
- Taku Tsujimura - National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Techno
- Naoki Kurimoto - Denso Corp.
- Hideto Takeda - Denso Corp.
- Yoshiaki Nishijima - Denso Corp.
- Mitsuru Konno - Ibaraki Univ.
- Shinichi Goto - National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Techno