This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Thickness Addition Forming on the Internal Wall of Part by Press Working
Published October 07, 2009 by Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan in Japan
Event: JSAE Autumn Conference
In this study, we developed the thickness addition method in press working process that was compressive forming by clamping both sides of sheet material by inclined dies. A circular type of blank specimen was employed on the forming test in order to restrain the material's moving in a transverse direction. The thickness addition could be obtained on JSH270D and JSH440W blank sheets. The compressive force to perpendicular direction of the blank was one of the most important forming parameters on optimal forming condition. On the optimal condition, the ratio of the formed work pierce thickness to the blank's thickness was 185-195%. Next, the thickness addition forming on the internal wall of the wheel disc part was carried out on JSC440 blank sheet (thickness 1.6 mm). The thickness addition and the work hardening of the formed material can eliminate the welding process and the heat treatment.
- Yoshitaka Asagi - Pascal Corp.
- Kunio Ohya - Oya Traditional Cram School for Technology
- Hiroto Ohnuki - Ohnuki Manufacturing Industry Co., Ltd.
- Atsuo Ishizaki - Koyo Sangyosha
- Yukio Yuzawa - Kikuchi Co., Ltd.
- Fumiaki Shigematsu - Ibaraki Univ.
- Tatsuya Miyata - Ibaraki Univ.
- Soichiro Nishino - Ibaraki Univ.