This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Establishment of Multi-Modal Evaluation System Using NVH Simulator
Published October 07, 2009 by Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan in Japan
Event: JSAE Autumn Conference
In ISO 2631-1: 1997, the influence of other factors, such as sound and visual, on human response to vibration is mentioned. However, the actual influence is not clarified. To investigate the human response to vibration exposed in multi-modal environment with psychometric evaluation method, multi-modal simulator was developed consisting of NVH simulation which controls sound and visual information and 6-degree-of-freedom vibrator controls the vibration signal. This system is able to provide sound, visual and vibration simultaneously and the sets of stimuli can be sequenced in an arbitrary order to perform subjective evaluation with kinds of psychometric experiments.
- Mark Allman-Ward - NoViSim Limited
- Roger Williams - NoViSim Limited
- Yumiko Sakamoto - Brüel & Kjaer Japan
- Kazuma Ishimatsu - National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health
- Nobuyuki Shibata - National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health
- Setsuo Maeda - National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health