This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Simultaneous Reduction of NO x and PM by Using New Concept Urea-SCR System for Heavy-Duty Commercial Vehicles~Comprehensive Technological Development of Innovative, Next-Generation, Low-Pollution Vehicles
Published October 07, 2009 by Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan in Japan
Event: JSAE Autumn Conference
For improving NOx conversion rate, the new concept SCR catalyst has been developed by focusing on adsorption capacity for NH3. In addition, as a diesel particulate filter (DPF) is combined with SCR, back-pressures and thermal durability were improved. Then, the oxidation capability of the oxidation catalyst and urea-injection pattern was optimized. As a result of above improvements, these aftertreatment systems could favorably reduce NOx and PM simultaneously in the JE05 test cycle.
- Nobuhiko Masaki - Nissan Diesel Motor Co., Ltd.
- Kiminobu Hirata - Nissan Diesel Motor Co., Ltd.
- Hisashi Akagawa - Nissan Diesel Motor Co., Ltd.
- Takayuki Mori - Tokyo Roki Co., Ltd.
- Fumiyuki Tsurumi - Tokyo Roki Co., Ltd.
- Kimitake Ito - Waseda Univ.
- Toru Kasai - Waseda Univ.
- Hideaki Kato - Waseda Univ.
- Keishi Takada - Waseda Univ.
- Jin Kusaka - Waseda Univ.