This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Electromagnetic Active Suspension System to Suppress Torsional Vibration of a Heavy Vehicle
Published May 20, 2009 by Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan in Japan
Event: JSAE Spring Conference
The authors focus on the anti-rolling performance of the heavy vehicles, and install to apply electromagnetic suspensions to control the roll motion of the heavy vehicle. The body of the heavy vehicle is modeled as a continuous cylinder to describe torsional vibration, therefore differences of roll angles of the front and the rear axis can be expressed. Then the authors design control system to suppress the roll vibration using optimal control theory. The performance of the proposed electromagnetic active suspension system is examined through numerical simulations and experiments.
- Kimihiko Nakano - The University of Tokyo
- Katsuhiko Hirayama - The University of Tokyo
- Keisuke Suzuki - The University of Tokyo
- Yoshihiro Suda - The University of Tokyo
- Kozue Kobayashi - Hino Motors Ltd.
- Kazuto Kinoshita - Hino Motors Ltd.
- Takashi Sasaki - Hino Motors Ltd.
- Fumihide Kozuma - KYB
- Takashi Itou - KYB