This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Proposal of Field Life Design Method for Wet Multiple Plate Clutches of Automatic Transmission on Forklift-trucks
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 06, 2009 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A method of life calculation for wet multiple-plate clutches has not been established; they are tribological parts and the damage of such parts depends on many intertwining parameters such as operating condition and lubrication condition. The focus of this study is on the clutch plate surface temperature, T, that represents many parameters. A T-N curve was developed for the friction material that is similar to the S-N curve for metal fatigue. Load frequency was measured from actual operating conditions in the field, and from this data the frequency of T was predicted. Field life could then be calculated for wet multiple plate clutches from the aforementioned T-N curve, the field frequency of T, and Miner's law.
CitationOkabe, K., Fujimoto, A., and Harasawa, T., "Proposal of Field Life Design Method for Wet Multiple Plate Clutches of Automatic Transmission on Forklift-trucks," SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-2934, 2009, https://doi.org/10.4271/2009-01-2934.
- Saito T. Kotegawa T. Study of Durability Prediction Considering Wear Properties for Multiple Plate Clutches Honda R&D Technical Review 18 2 Japan 2006
- Saito T. Kotegawa T. Study of Durability Prediction Considering Wear Properties for Multiple Plate Clutches Transactions of the Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan 39 2 Japan 2008
- Kato M. Yoshida S. Analysis of the Multiplate Wet Clutch Pack Proceedings of 2007 JSAE Annual Congress fall Japan 2007
- Yabe H. Takahashi A. Numerical Simulations of Engaging Process of Friction Plate (2nd Report, Calculated Results) Transactions of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers Series C 73 731 Japan 2007
- SAE J286SEP96 SAE No.2 Clutch Friction Test Machine Guideline USA 1996
- Osanai H. Kato K. Ikeda K. Life of Paper Disk on Slip Wear in Lubrication Tribology Congress of The Japanese Society of Tribologists Tokyo, Japan May, 1990
- National Institute for Material Science NRIM Creep Data Sheet No.17B Japan 1994
- Japanese Industrial Standards Committee JIS Z2274 Method of Rotating Bending Fatigue Testing of Metals Japan 1978
- Satumarin Morita Clutch Capacity Calculation Bulldozer Sangyou-tosyo,ltd Japan 1969
- Onuma M. Kato K. Relation between Friction Surface Temperature and life on Slip Wear in Lubrication Tribology Congress of The Japanese Society of Tribologists Tokyo, Japan May, 1990
- Takeuti Y. Analyses of Thermal Stresses Nissinsyuppan Japan 1971