This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Co-simulation Based Hydraulic Retarder Braking Control System
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 06, 2009 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Hydraulic retarder has been widely applied on military vehicles and heavy commercial vehicles because of it could provide great brake torque and has lasting working time . In order to reduce driver's frequent actions in braking process and prevent hydraulic retarder system from overheating, it is need to apply constant braking torque control, this control target has a strict requirement to hydraulic control system design. Many parameters often require repeated test to determine, which increases the R&D cost and extends the research cycle.
This paper tries to find a time-efficient research method of hydraulic retarder control system through studying on a heavy military vehicle hydraulic retarder system. Hydraulic retarder model is set up through test data. The hydraulic control system is built based on AMESim. Controller model is set up based on PID control. The whole vehicle brake model is built based on MATLAB/Simulink. In order to verify control system performance, MATLAB & AMESim co-simulation has been carried out. Simulation result shows control system has good constant torque control performance, and Fuzzy-PID is proved having better control performance. The co-simulation model and control algorithm are proved be practical by comparing with test data.
CitationYan, J., Guo, X., Tan, G., Yang, T. et al., "Co-simulation Based Hydraulic Retarder Braking Control System," SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-2907, 2009, https://doi.org/10.4271/2009-01-2907.
- Schreck Heimut Kucher Heinz Reisch Bernhard ZF Retarder in Commercial Vehicles SAE Paper 922452
- Yu Zhisheng Vehicle Theory China Machine Press 2007
- Zhu Jingchang Vehicle Hydraulic Transmission China Machine Press 1985
- Lu Yifei Yan Heshun Calculating Method of Vehicle Hydraulic Retarder Braking Performance Automotive Engineering Feb. 2003
- Bretz Alizabeth A. By-Wire Cars Turn the Corner IEEE Spectrum Online 2001
- Chen Guiming Qi Hongyu MATLAB Mathematical Statistics Science Press 2002
- Hagan Martin T. Demuth Howard B. Neural Network Design China Machine Press 2005
- Haykin Simon Neural Networks: A Comprehensive Foundation 2nd Prentice Hall/Pearson 2004
- Ge Zhexue Sun Zhiqiang Neural Network Theory and MATLAB R2007 Application Publishing House of Electronics Industry 2007
- Li Jing Research on Oil Charge and Discharge Technology of Hydraulic Retarder Beijing University of Technology 2004
- Liu Jinkun Advanced PID Control and MATLAB Simulation Publishing House of Electronics Industry 2004