This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Emergency Electric Brake Breakaway Activation in Light & Medium Duty Trailers
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 06, 2009 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper will review the requirements of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations on brakes and emergency breakaway systems, provide common trailer manufacturing applications in brake systems, and discuss variables to consider in the battery system application. With an understanding of these components, criteria will be developed and examined to provide a means to address performance and testing in the future.
CitationLancaster, C., "Emergency Electric Brake Breakaway Activation in Light & Medium Duty Trailers," SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-2833, 2009, https://doi.org/10.4271/2009-01-2833.
- Federal Register: March 6, 2007 (Volume 72, Number 43) Rules and Regulations 9855 9871
- Four-, Five-, and Eight-Conductor Electrical Connectors for Automotive Type Trailers 2003
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
- IEEE Recommended Practice for Maintenance, Testing, and Replacement of Vented Lead-Acid Batteries for Stationary Applications 2002
- IEEE Recommended Practice for Sizing Lead-Acid Batteries for Stationary Applications 1997