This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Real-time Analysis of Benzene in Exhaust Gas from Driving Automobiles Using Jet-REMPI Method
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 02, 2009 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Real-time analysis of benzene in automobile exhaust gas was performed using the Jet-REMPI (supersonic jet / resonance enhanced multi-photon ionization) method. Real-time benzene concentration of two diesel trucks and one gasoline vehicle driving in Japanese driving modes were observed under ppm level at 1 s intervals. As a result, it became obvious that there were many differences in their emission tendencies, because of their car types, driving conditions, and catalyst conditions. In two diesel vehicle, benzene emission tendencies were opposite. And, in a gasoline vehicle, emission pattern were different between hot and cold conditions due to the catalyst conditions.
- Koichi Tanaka - Toyama, Inc
- Jun Nakagawa - Toyama, Inc
- Katsumi Endo - Toyama, Inc
- Kotaro Tanaka - CNRS
- Kentaro Misawa - Tokyo Institute of Technology
- Shun-ichi Ishiuchi - Tokyo Institute of Technology
- Masaaki Fujii - Tokyo Institute of Technology
- HiroYuki Yamada - National Traffic Safety and Environment Laboratory
- Yuichi Goto - National Traffic Safety and Environment Laboratory
- Jun Matsumoto - Tokyo Metropolitan University
- Shun-ichi Hayashi - Nippon Steel Corp
CitationMisawa, K., Ishiuchi, S., Fujii, M., Matsumoto, J. et al., "Real-time Analysis of Benzene in Exhaust Gas from Driving Automobiles Using Jet-REMPI Method," SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-2740, 2009, https://doi.org/10.4271/2009-01-2740.
- Abe, S. et al., Am. J. Respir. Cell. Mol. Biol 22 296 303 2000
- Nisbet, I. C. Lagoy, P. K. Regul. Toxicol. Pharmocol 16 290 300 1992
- Boesl U. et al. 'Laser Mass Spectrometry in Trace Analysis', in Encyclopedia of Analytical Chemistry 2087 2000
- Frey, R. et al., SAE Technical Paper Series, 940826 25 29 1994
- Nagel, H. et al., SAE Technical Paper Series, 971606 47 53 1997
- Misawa, K. et al., SAE Technical Paper Series, 2008-01-0761 2008
- Misawa K. et al. J. Engine Research, Accepted.
- Suzuki T et al., Anal. Sci 21 991 996 2005