This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Gaseous and Particle Emissions Results from Light Duty Vehicle with Diesel Particle Filter
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 02, 2009 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In order to measure the concentration of exhaust a mobile analyzer SEMTECH DS by SENSORS Inc and particle matter by TSI was used. In the study the results of the vehicle emission tests in the road conditions were presented as this was the only way to obtain the information on real vehicle emissions. They include information on the emissivity of the vehicles in operation and deal with the real conditions of the vehicle motion. Reliable measurement results were obtained which were verified in simulated conditions on a chassis test bed. The obtained data were used to specify the dependence characteristics for the influence of the dynamic engine properties on the exhaust emissions. The dynamic engine properties were indirectly taken into account using all the speed range and the range of acceleration calculated for the city traffic in order to prepare a matrix of emission intensity. The data used were averaged within each speed and acceleration range, which generated a characteristics of engine operation in each range and a characteristics of the emission matrices of exhaust emission.
CitationMerkisz, J., Pielecha, J., and Gis, W., "Gaseous and Particle Emissions Results from Light Duty Vehicle with Diesel Particle Filter," SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-2630, 2009, https://doi.org/10.4271/2009-01-2630.
- Zhao, F. F., Technologies for Near-Zero-Emission Gasoline-Powered Vehicles. SAE International, Warrendale 2007
- Merkisz, J., Pielecha, J., Gis, W., Gasoline and LPG Vehicle Emission Factors in a Road Test, presented at SAE Congress, 2009-01-0937, 2009
- AVL, Current and Future Exhaust Emission Legislation. AVL List GmbH, Graz 2007.
- Doh-Won, L., PEMS Testing on Non-Road Equipment - New Challenges. Sensors 5th Annual SUN (SEMTECH User Network) Conference, Ann Arbor 2008
- Shahinian, V.D., SENSORS tech-ct Update Application Software for SEMTECH Mobile Emission Analyzers. Sensors 4th Annual SUN (SEMTECH User Network) Conference, 2007
- Gao, Y., Checkel, M.D., Emission Factors Analysis for Multiple Vehicles Using an On-Board, In-Use Emissions Measurement System, presented at SAE World Congress, 2007-01-1327, 2007
- Greening, P., European Light-Duty 8 Heavy Duty OBD - Legislative Update, presented at On-Board Diagnostic Symposium: Light and Heavy Duty, 2007
- Worldwide Emissions Standards, Passenger Cars 8 Light Duty Trucks, Heavy Duty 8 Off-Road Vehicles. Delphi 2009
- AVL Particle Counter 489. Product Guide, Rev. 02, November 2008
- TSI Model 3090 Engine Exhaust Particle Sizer™ Spectrometer. Operation and Service Manual. Rev. E, August 2006
- Merkisz, J., Radzimirski, S., Trends in the European Legislation on LDV Pollutant Emissions. Combustion Engines No. 3 (134), Polish Scientific Society of Combustion Engines, Bielsko-Biala 2008